Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world. Yesterday's healthy and delicious menu...

Breakfast: I think starting your day with chocolate is pretty much a given that it will be a day full of awesome. Just saying.

Celebrate Vitamins Protein Powder

Shelly's Chocolate Mint Cookie Protein Shake

1 cup milk (I used a combo of Almond and Soy)
1 scoop Celebrate Vitamins Chocolate Mint Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Vanilla)
a few cubes of Ice

Whiz on high in blender. I topped it with No Sugar Added Homemade Chocolate Whipped Cream and a sprinkle of crushed Chocolate Mint Protein Bar. I keep a snack size baggie of crushed Protein Bar around for sprinkling on Protein Ice Cream, pudding or yogurt.

If you haven't tried Celebrate Vitamins Protein 20 Protein Powder get a hold of some. All the flavors are yummy but the Chocolate Mint. It's an Andes Mint and if you a Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookie fan you will LOVE this shake. Certainly you can even lower the calorie count even more by axing the whippage (so good though) and even mixed with water in a blender bottle it's great.

More Eggface Protein Shakes and Smoothies

Lunch: I had a couple of Egg Bites (crustless quiches) and a dollop of quinoa. It's always nice to have a batch of Bites made. It makes for easy lunches or dinner the next day. The reheat so well (toaster oven, preferred but microwave or oven is fine too.)

Cheese Steak Egg Crustless Quiches Eggface

Shelly's Philly Cheesesteak Extra Cheesy Bites

1/4 lb. (about 4 slices) Roast Beef (I use Boar's Head Low Sodium), chopped
1 Bell Pepper, diced (I used 1/2 Yellow, 1/2 Green)
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
2 Green Onions, diced
1/3 cup Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
5 Eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper
2-3 String Cheeses, chopped into pieces

Saute peppers till golden. Add beef and Worcestershire sauce and saute for 1 minute. Set aside to cool. When cool mix all ingredients together except cheese stick pieces.


Spoon into lightly greased (Pam works great) mini muffin tins.


Place one piece of cheese stick in the center of each bite. Bake for 30 minutes at 350. Makes 24.

Egg Quiches Low Carb

I served them with a steamer bag of Mediterranean Quinoa (Path of Life). I make a great Quinoa Patty with it... look for it, delicious.

More Eggface Egg Bites (Crustless Quiches)

Dinner: "Spaghetti" & Meatballs. This is a really easy dinner to throw together. You can do most of it the day before really. I'm a bit of an insomniac so I woke up in the middle of the night and halved and deseeded a spaghetti squash. I tossed it in the microwave just upside down on a glass Pyrex plate with 1/4 cup of water. 14 minutes or so (time will depend on size), you want a fork to insert easily. Allow to cool slightly. Use two forks to shred the flesh of the cooked squash into "spaghetti." You can... in a clean dish towel squeeze the squash to remove any excess water. I do this step sometimes if I'm making a casserole but for this dish I don't bother. I just stuck it in the fridge and then in the evening I nuked it with a dab of butter (for flavor, everything in moderation), salt and pepper.


I took pre-cooked frozen meatballs (I know my Sicilian Grandmother RIP is rolling ;) nah she'd probably love the convenience too (smart woman) and warmed them in a 1/4 of a jar of Rao's (best jarred sauce ever) served them with a generous sprinkle of Italian cheese.

Healthy Italian Recipes

We're in the down and dirty part of Your Weight Matters National Convention meetings so I have a lot of early AM or evening phone calls. This sort of dinner is great for those days. Are you coming to Convention? The discounted Room Block is open now. Educational agenda is coming soon... it's amazing!! Hope to see you there. Sign up for e-alerts to hear the latest announcements.

More Eggface Healthy Italian Recipes

Snacks: Too much coffee, a handful of grapes somewhere in there.

More Days in my Pouch