Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world. Yesterday's healthy and delicious menu...

Breakfast: I had some leftover veggies I had roasted the night before for dinner. I just chopped up whatever needed using in the veggie bin a couple of peppers, a few mushrooms, a zucchini. Spread them evenly on a baking sheet with a little drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of Kosher salt. 425 degree oven, give them a toss every 15 minutes or so. Takes about 45 minutes to get some nice color on them... depends on water content of veggies and size of chop. It's a great side dish I sprinkle a little Parmesan on top. Perfect with fish or chicken or heck I can make a scoop or 2 of those dinner with a little more Parmesan cheese on top.

I took the leftover veggies and made breakfast egg bowls with scrambled eggs and a sprinkle of cheese. Delicious!


Lunch: I had an opportunity to try a great seafood variety pack from Sizzlefish.com, a direct-to consumer seafood store. Superb quality seafood, no additives, quick-frozen and delivered in vacuum packed, pre-portioned servings. You just put the portion you want in the fridge for a few hours or overnight to defrost. I love that they offer variety packs it's been so fun to try different varieties.


Yesterday I seared the last of my scallops. I served them on a sort of Asian slaw... shredded cabbage, carrot, cilantro, tossed in some freeze-dried edamame for some crunch and drizzled on a little store bought soy ginger dressing. Literally these are some best scallops I have ever eaten.


Dinner: I had sort of odd dinner. I had something else planned but time got away from me and I had an Obesity Action Coalition Board Meeting meeting last night so I made a protein shake to sip on while on the call.... after the call I had DVR'd The Grammy's so I steamed some edamame to eat while I watched.

Eggface

Shelly's Mocha Madness Protein Shake

1 cup milk (I used a combo of Almond and Soy)
1 scoop Chike High Protein Iced Coffee Mocha Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (any flavor, I used Sugar Free Chocolate)
a few cubes of Ice

Whiz on high in blender. I topped it with No Sugar Added Homemade Whipped Cream (Chocolate, you can make any flavor) and a drizzle of SF Chocolate Sauce (Smuckers)

Shelly's Homemade No Sugar Added Whipped Cream

1 cup Whipping Cream
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (any flavor)

Whisk till well combined. Every batch I make a new flavor: SF Vanilla, SF Coconut, SF Almond, if you want pink cream use Sugar Free Raspberry. Fill whipping cream to the fill line of the whipper. Screw on the top. Insert the CO2 cartridge till it empties, unscrew that. Put the nozzle on, shake a few times and squirt away. It makes a ton, store it in the fridge for up to 10 days just give it another few shakes before squirting. Great on berries, shakes and smoothies, crepes. You can make chocolate too... I add unsweetened cocoa powder 2 Tablespoons to recipe above and into the whipper... on strawberries... OMG... so good.

More Eggface Protein Shakes and Smoothies

I love these little steamer boxes of edamame. You vent the box and pop in the microwave for 4 minutes. I found them at Ralph's (Krogers) supermarket.



Snacks: Too much coffee and a couple of the Quest Protein Bar Cookies leftover from my Valentine's weekend spread. I'll have to share the pic from that... I made a few treats: SF Chocolate Dipped Strawberries, Chocolate Mini Protein Muffins and some Quest Cookies. Those berries went quick.

sugarfree no sugar added healthy

More Days in my Pouch