Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world.

Breakfast: I had some leftover steamed cauliflower bumping around the fridge. I put it in a non-stick saute pan. I just sort of smashed it down with a spatula, when it was warmed through I poured 1 beaten egg over it and a couple of Tablespoons of shredded Mexican blend cheese, sprinkle of salt and a few twists of black pepper, flipped it sort of and cooked till egg was done and cheese was brown and crispy. Delicious. Odd breakfast I know but it was really tasty.


Started my day with a little grrr blood pressure rise. I saw a post on Facebook that no other way to say it... pissed me off. I spewed a comment and a tweet but thought it deserved to be sent into the Obesity Action Coalition (OAC)'s "Bias Busters" basically the Weight Bias Committee within the OAC. I don't sit on that committee... it's self preservation really... for my own health and well-being I choose to support their efforts as a member but as a board member I choose to serve on other committees. If I heard all of what people submit I'd be on blood pressure meds again for sure ;) I do however pound off emails to them on occasion when I personally spot something I think they need to be aware of, usually they are already on it. Yay! This morning I pounded off an email about this video and Facebook post. The OAC has responded to the video with a request for it's removal. Please support our efforts and send a message that the weight bias, stigma and fat shaming this video portrays is wrong and even more disturbing is comes from a medical "professional" and then was supported by a post by another medical professional is unacceptable. Dr's offices should be a safe zone, free from weight bias and stigma. I know I am preaching to the choir on this one because YOU KNOW first hand... weight bias and stigmatization can lead to patients affected by obesity avoiding preventive health services and exams, mammograms, follow up appointments, avoiding the doctor and putting off care... it's potentially deadly. Watching that video is there any wonder why some would not feel safe and supported. So yeah... blood pressure rise for the day but if we all sign the letter something good will come from it. Thank you.

UPDATE: The video has been removed.Yes! Thank you to all who signed the letter.

Lunch: I had a phone meeting and then some errands to run. One stop was the supermarket for a couple of things and I picked up some pre-cooked shrimp and voila Shrimp Cocktail was lunch.


Dinner: Repurposing leftovers was the theme of the day. I had a small piece of steak, some assorted grilled veggies (onions, mushroom, peppers, squash) from last night's dinner. I sliced up another onion and sauteed everything.


I made a bag of that Path of Life Mediterranean Quinoa (4 minutes in the microwave, they changed the look of the bag FYI) and used that as a base for some Steak and Veggie Quinoa Bowls. So good and made the little bit of leftovers go a long way.


Snacks: I made a batch of Double Chocolate Chunk Quest Bar Cookies and so I'll have a couple of those a little later on for dessert. Have you made these yet? Yum.


More Days in my Pouch


post signature