Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts (I try and post them every few days) to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world. Yesterday's menu...

Breakfast: I made one of my Make-Ahead Protein Shakes in a Baggie. I place scoops of protein powder, fresh or frozen fruit, and other additions in Ziploc baggies. When I want a Protein Shake I reach in the freezer grab an individual bag, dump it in the blender, add milk or water and whiz away. No dragging out tubs of protein or digging through the freezer or pantry to find all the components each and every time.

Weight Loss Surgery Health Fitness Workout 

I use snack size baggies, for most combos this size is plenty of room, if you add greens... to almost quote Jaws "you're gonna need a bigger bag." For each baggie: Add 1-2 scoops of your favorite Protein Powder (whatever your tub serving suggests) and then the possibilities are endless...


Frozen Fruit (cherries, mango are favs)
Fresh Fruit (hunk of banana, berries)
Veggies (spinach, carrot)
Powdered Peanut Butter
Unsweetened Cocoa
High Protein Greek Yogurt Cubes

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2013/01/high-protein-greek-yogurt-cubes.html

Be sure to write with a Sharpie marker on the bag what the flavor combo is (or not if you like a mystery.) This a great Sunday evening project to make breakfast or afternoon protein shake breaks easier during the week.

Today's baggie was a Chocolate Covered Cherry Protein Shake (Chocolate Protein Powder, Frozen Cherries, and a few High Protein Greek Yogurt Cubes.) I just grabbed the baggie out of the freezer, added milk (or water) and blend.

Workout Fitness Health Bariatric Surgery Weight Loss Recipes Blog 

Eggface Grab and Go Breakfast Ideas. 

Lunch: One of my favorites: Shelly's Quinoa Burgers. I can't believe I'm actually using the phrase favorite to describe anything with quinoa in it. I was such a hater of it but I did create a couple of quinoa dishes I actually LOVE.

Weight Loss Health Food Dinner Lunch  

I served it with sliced tomatoes and a dollop of Green Onion Parmesan Greek Yogurt Dip

3 oz. Greek Yogurt, plain
1 Tablespoon Parmesan, grated
1/2 Green Onion, diced fine
Salt to taste

Mix till well blended. Great for dipping meats and veggies. 

Dinner: Shelly's Super Easy Bruschetta Chicken. I BBQ'd pounded out Chicken Breast tenders. Brought the grilled chicken inside, spooned some store bought Bruschetta Sauce on top and sprinkled with shredded Four Cheese Italian Blend Cheese, a few dashes of oregano and a few twists of Black Pepper. Baked at 350 till golden and bubbly about 20 minutes.

Weight Loss Fitness Cooking Healthy Vintage Pyrex

I ate it with Green Beans. Leftovers are great heated (or not) on top of salad greens.

Snacks: Too much coffee and a Homemade Protein Square.

Weight Loss Fitness Snack Breakfast

More Days in my pouch.

Update on me: Remember a few weeks ago I had my labs done well my primary care provider was faxed my WellnessFX™  lab results and decided that I needed to see a hematologist. I had a consult and we're going to begin a series of iron infusions on Monday. I'm just not absorbing iron, it was kind of scary low (the double edged sword of malabsorptive bariatric procedures.) Good news: I understand that I should be feeling like a million bucks again after the infusions begin and all my other labs levels were perfect. I never miss my vitamins but despite that we can end up having a deficiency in an area so get your labs done.