Happy New Year!

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year
May 2012 be your BEST year yet!
☆ ✮ ☆ ✮ ☆

It was a quiet night well until I tested out my collection of vintage tin noise makers. I've been cleaning the garage and finding all sorts of stuff. I noshed on some weight loss surgery friendly snacks and watched Ryan Seacrest, Gaga & the Biebster :x

Shelly's Shrimp Cocktail with Two Dips

Cheated and bought a tray of cooked shrimp at Costco. I did mix up a couple of yummy dips. It was a delicious protein packed way to usher in the New Year!

Shelly Lemon Dill Yogurt Dip

3 oz. Greek Yogurt (I used 2% Fage Plain)
1 Tablespoon Mayo
1 Tablespoon Fresh Dill, chopped
Squeeze of fresh Lemon Juice
Kosher Salt to taste
a few twists of Black Pepper

Mix till well combined. Can be refrigerated a couple of days. Great as a dip for fish and veggies.

Shelly's Healthier Remoulade Sauce

3 oz. Greek Yogurt (I used 2% Fage Plain)
1 Tablespoon Cocktail Sauce
1 Tablespoon Prepared Horseradish
a few dashes of Hot Sauce (I used Cholula)
Kosher Salt to taste
a few twists of Black Pepper

Mix till well combined. Can be refrigerated a couple of days. Great as a dip for meats, shrimp and veggies.

Dessert was my traditional raisins.

For new readers... every New Year I toss 12 raisins, one at a time, toward my mouth at the stroke of midnight. The idea is for every raisin that you get in your mouth that will be one month of good luck in the coming year. I've done this now for several years. Thankfully my aim has gotten better since the first year. The first year... first raisin I tossed SCORE right in the mouth, second raisin BAM right in the eye. This raisin thing is pretty accurate because that was an INTERESTING year.

It's going to be a GREAT 2012... 10 out of 12!

post signature

P.S. Sending cyber xxxx's to those of us that were kiss-less last night when the ball dropped. Silver lining: a single kiss can exchange between 10 million and one billion viruses. Cootie heads ;)