Bentos and Band-Aids

Spending most of the day outside gardening yesterday = gnarly headache, achy arms (digging uses a lot of muscle groups), and a sore thumb. I think I'm getting old. 95% of this year's gardening attempt is planted. Oodles of tomatoes, herbs, and I'll be adding some zucchini, just one or two, 'cause if they do take off one or two can feed the neighborhood. Zucchini is scary like that. That's it, the rest I leave to the experts at the Farmer's Market grow. I've tried other things in the past and they just don't seem to like the heat of our summer or more likely I just don't have a green thumb for them.

Speaking of thumbs... I got a huge splinter in my thumb. I mean HUGE. I suppose I should have been wearing the pretty garden gloves I bought myself the other day but noooo they sat in the wheel barrow next to me. Note to self: next time if you don't want to spend the evening in agony picking dirty wood out of your appendages... wear the gloves. It wasn't all bad. I did stop to eat this yummy bento box lunch and in a few months I'll be hopefully eating just picked, warm from the sun, homegrown tomatoes. There's nothing like that.

Pink Box (top left): Just the Cheese Crunchy Cheese - Grilled Cheese flavor
Orange Box (top right): Sliced Cucumber
Blue Box (bottom left): Ham & Provolone Cold Cut Roll-up & Mustard for dipping (in little blue container)
Green Box (bottom right): Storebought Hummus with a dollop of Olive Tapenade that I dipped the cucumbers in.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend and an even better week!

post signature