Saturday, March 26, 2011

NYC = You & Me

Looks like I'm headed back to New York. April 14-15, I'll be joining some of my fellow blogging pals in New York City for an event sponsored by Ethicon Endo-Surgery and the Obesity Action Coalition.

Topics being covered...

*This event is sponsored by Ethicion Endo-Surgery and the Obesity Action Coalition (OAC), and my expenses for this trip have been covered in full. Thank you. I am looking forward to participating in the forum and sharing the info we cover.

The event itself is by invitation only but a few of us are getting together Friday, April 15th. If you are in the area and would like to join us. Please come hang out! Plans to follow but we are all poor bloggers so I'm certain it will be casual & as cheap as NYC can be.

When: Friday, April 15 at 6:00pm till ?
Location start: Lobby of the Mondrian SOHO Hotel
9 Crosby St, New York, NY 10013
I will tweet our locations periodically throughout the night if you miss us at the gathering point.


View Larger Map

I also am hoping to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge (time permitting) while I'm in NYC. Because now I CAN! Happy to have company on that too. I'll post more details closer to the date for that.

post signature

8 comments:

Cynthia said...

How cool is that! I just miss you guys in NYC, I leave that Thursday, but I will be doing a lot of walking tours while there, which I could not have done pre-surgery. Can't wait...I'm excited!

Cynthia

Natalia said...

Hey, Shelly:
I would love to join you all! I live in Long Island. Keep me posted!
Natalia

Kim said...

Ummm, yes. I will absolutely be there to say hi and give love to the ladies. Sassy as we once were.....

Lauren said...

Definitely make time for the Brooklyn Bridge! I walked it last summer (amazing what losing 130 lbs allows you to do!) and would highly recommend taking the subway (cheaper than a taxi) to Brooklyn and then walking back towards Manhattan because of the beautiful views. Of course, you COULD walk from Manhattan to Brooklyn and then back to Manhattan. =) Have an awesome trip!

KatfromStat said...

Shelly I would love to meet up with you and Beth, I'm right here in the NYC area, I will forward to you my contact info through Facebook. Can't wait - Kat

Ms. Chunky Chick said...

Let me know I live on LI too!

jeniabi said...

I'm right in NYC too and would LOVE to walk to bridge with you! I've never done it so any excuse to be a tourist in my own city!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Can't wait to "meet" you guys. Either connect with me on Facebook or email socalshell@aol.com :)