Friday, January 7, 2011

The Elvis Shake

Tomorrow January 8th, would have been Elvis Presley's 76th birthday. It's commonly known that a peanut butter and banana sandwich with bacon, fried in bacon fat was his favorite. Here's my healthier version. My yummy breakfast this morning.

Shelly's Peanut Butter, Banana & Bacon Protein Shake "The Elvis"

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
2 Tablespoons Powdered Peanut Butter (aka Peanut Flour)
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Vanilla Torani Syrup
1/2 a Banana
2-3 cubes of Ice
Optional: Sugar Free Land o Lakes Whipped Cream, a teaspoon of Real Bacon Bits

Whiz in blender till it's all shook up. Top with a squirt Sugar Free Land o Lakes Whipped Cream and sprinkle of bacon bits (yes you read that right) optional but delicious. You won't be able to help falling in love with it.

post signature


Anonymous said...

love it, will have it in the morning!

SheZug said...

mmm, It's not sugar free, but Torani has a bacon flavored syrup now. I can't decide if I am hoping they will make a sugar free version or not. :)

The Lingo Family said...

Sounds Delicious!!! I will have to try out this one for sure!!!

kreationzbyzabrina said...

Sounds yummy and I have all the items in my kitchen

Anonymous said...

So I had this last night. LOVED it. I'm a big sweet and salty girl--like bite of popcorn, bite of KitKat kind of girl--and this really hit the spot. My daughter thought I was crazy, but I really enjoyed it. Thanks for pushing the limits!