Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween Bento

Yesterday's Halloween-themed super cool bento box lunch...


Pink Box (top left): Shelly's Deviled Egg Spider on Shredded Lettuce
Green Box (top right): Shelly's Sugar Free Dirt Cup
Blue Box (bottom left): Provolone Cheese Ghosts
Orange Box (bottom right): Shelly's Creepy Fingers with BBQ Sauce Blood

Shelly's Creepy Fingers

Little Smokies Weenies
Red Pepper Fingernails (sliced almonds work too)
BBQ Sauce Blood

I'm making a few of these Halloween tidbits and watching my favorite zombie movie tomorrow. It's going to be a little on the chilly side here in SoCal so I'm thinking a casserole or big pot of soup might be nice. Hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween.

Beware of all those Halloween candies...

Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at the moment.

post signature

9 comments:

John's Weight Loss Blog said...

Best bento box evah!

I assume you will be posting the recipe for those ghastly fingers?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

:) LOL Thanks John...

I just heated them up, small slit in top, insert red pepper "nails", dip in BBQ sauce ;) Tasty room temp & cold too.

On a Halloween buffet I'd just make a tray up of paper cupcake cups or those silicon cupcake cups (pictured, sold in the bento section of the eggface amazon store link on the left side of blog) in portions of 3 or 4 fingers. If you want to keep them warm, those warming trays are great and the silicone cups would work great for that.

battynurse said...

I love that quote. I need to like post that all over my house some days.

Anne H said...

You are one classy smart great blogger!
YOU should write a book.
You rock!

*Christie* said...

This is SO CREATIVE. All of these would make great party foods if made in bulk. If we have a halloween party next year, I am totally going to make ALL of these!!

Anonymous said...

great movie by the way!!!

Sandi said...

Your halloween bento is one of the most creative things you have done thus far, it makes post surgury food look like "real life" thank you again and again for making me realize Im not missing anything!!
PS I made the spider eggs at my house, big hit with even the grown-up kiddos.

Cali said...

Oh... my... GAH! The cheese ghosts are the cutest thing EVAR! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity, as always - these things will be great for Hallowe'en next year!

vixen Made said...

My daughter would love this!! Thanks for sharing. I linked it up on my blog today: http://www.vixenmade.com/2012/10/halloween-fun-for-kids.html