Cinco de Mayo Dessert - Mexican Chocolate Protein Ice Cream

The plan was to go out last night to a Mexican restaurant near my house and listen to some Mariachi music but a half hour before I was supposed to go I was bra-less, in sweats and my hair was up in a scrunchee. That kind of comfort wins every time. So I opted for a bowl of Protein Ice Cream and watching the American Idol results show.

Bariatric Surgery Weight Loss Fitness Workout Protein Powder RecipesShelly's Mexican Chocolate Protein Ice Cream

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
2 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Vanilla)
2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon

Optional: Mexican Chocolate Cinnamon Swirl
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Hot Fudge Sauce (I used Smucker's)
a dash of Cinnamon

Mix together milk, protein, syrup, cinnamon & cocoa. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. If you don't have one of those just whiz it on super turbo high in the blender, you want airy. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. You can eat it right away it is soft serve-ish but I like to put it in the freezer to set for an hour. If you are adding the swirl, nuke those ingredients for 20 seconds, stir and drizzle on soft serve before freezing.

Other Eggface Protein Ice Cream flavors
Protein Ice Cream 101