Berry Good Donuts - Mini Protein Doughnuts

Was in the mood for donuts yesterday so I thought I would once again tweak my original chocolate donut recipe. These are delicious and will be making a repeat appearance on my Easter table.

So I did make it into a Starbucks on free pastry day I got my SF Cinnamon Dolce Soy Latte and scored a free scone for my Mum who has the metabolism of a 14 year old boy. Those genes did not find there way into my pool instead I got my Pop's short & stubby ones. While in Bux I did notice they have little mini donuts now. Hey Starbucks: You could just as easily have some of these delicious, no sugar added, low carb, high protein, 1/2 the calories, weight loss surgery, diabetic friendly ones. In original chocolate, fall spice, or this yummy spring berry version... for a small fee of course ;)

Healthy Weight Loss Surgery Bariatric Gastric Bypass Sleeve VSG Menus Cooking Food Blog
Shelly's Mini Berry Protein Donuts

1 cup Almond Flour (aka Almond Meal) (make your own)
1/2 cup Protein Powder
1/2 cup Multigrain Pancake Mix
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Coconut
1 Egg, beaten
3 Tablespoons Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Black Cherry, Raspberry or Strawberry would be great too)
1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
1/4 cup Water
Super Groovy Mini Donut Pan

Preheat oven to 325. Mix all ingredients till well combined.

Spray Mini Donut Pan with Pam.

Fill 1/2 full with batter (batter is the consistency of brownie batter).

Bake 8 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.

Donut Glaze

4 Mini Sugar Free Chocolate Bars (or milk, dark or white chocolate)
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Strawberry)

Nuke for 30 seconds or so till melted. Stir to combine. Coats 12 donuts.

For colored/flavored frosting: combine SF white chocolate & 3 drops or so of food coloring, SF Syrup and nuke for 30 seconds or so till melted. Stir to combine.

Dip cooled donuts into chocolate glaze and then into optional toppings.

Healthy Weight Loss Surgery Bariatric Gastric Bypass Sleeve VSG Menus Cooking Food BlogTopping Ideas:

Crushed SF Candy (SF Candy Canes, SF Malted Milk Balls, SF Jordan Almonds)
Toasted or Untoasted Unsweetened Coconut
Crushed Nuts (Peanuts, Hazelnuts, Almonds)
Crushed SF Cookies
Crumbled Protein Bar