Monday, February 15, 2010

Neapolitan Protein Smoothie

This weekend I made this blast from the past creation. A Neapolitan Protein Smoothie. When I was a kid we always had Neapolitan Ice Cream. You know the one with the side-by-side stripes of strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate. I think my Mum got it to minimize my supermarket aisle bitching as to what flavor we'd get. With Neapolitan you got three in one. I have many childhood memories sitting on the stoop eating bowls of that ice cream.

You know that point when the summer sun melted your bowl of frozen goodness into a delicious chocolate-y pink soup? This protein smoothie is soooo that flavor...

Shelly's Neapolitan Protein Smoothie

8 oz. Chocolate Soy Milk (or Vanilla Soy w/ 1 T SF Chocolate Syrup)
1 scoop Strawberry Max Protein
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Vanilla Torani Syrup (on sale now)
3-4 Frozen Strawberries (or Ice)

Whiz in blender till smooth. Top with Sugar Free Land o Lakes Whipped Cream, optional.

Hey don't forget to enter this week's I ♥ Giveaway for your chance to win a HUGE 5 lb. Tub of SEI Max Protein.

4 comments:

kitchen table said...

Smoothies are the in thing again. Summer is almost here! I can't wait to get loads of this!

Claudia said...

Shelly, I am not able to see the pic attached to your neapolitan Protein Smoothie, is this just me or? greetz and ty so much for all your wonderfull recipe's!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Claudia, Thanks so much! I'm seeing the pic. Try hitting refresh & f5 on your computer. Sometimes that helps.

~M

Sarilyn said...

I love Neopolitan Ice Cream! I will add try this one as soon as the doc says I can! Surgery is in 3 weeks now. Thanks so much for blogging about your experience, it keeps me motivated!