Beware

This casserole was supposed to have zucchini in it but I made just after taking Benadryl. So yeah, zucchini never made it in. There really needs to be a disclaimer on the packaging of Benadryl just after the "Do not operate heavy machinery while using this product" message they need to add "Do not attempt multi-ingredient casseroles." I think they'd call this a CUI... cooking under the influence.

It was already baking when I realized so I just went with it and you know it was still really really good. Just what the Dr. ordered for this sickie... warm, cozy comfort food. Tasted like a Chicken Pot Pie without the crust.


Shelly's Crustless Chicken Pot Pie

2 Boneless, Skinless Breasts, sliced into 1" pieces
1 Leek, sliced (white & light green parts only)
1 Yellow Onion, diced
3 Green Onions, diced
6 Mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 cup Frozen Peas, defrosted
1/2 cup Storebought Alfredo Sauce (I used jarred)
1 Tablespoon Powdered Chicken Base (in the soup/bullion section)
1/2 teaspoon Thyme
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese
2 Tablespoon Durkee Onions (You know the Green Bean Casserole kind)
Olive Oil for sauteing

Saute chicken till golden. Remove from pan and set aside. Saute leeks, onions and mushrooms till golden. Add garlic cook 1 minute more. Add chicken back to the pan along with remaining ingredients (except Durkee Onions and Parmesan.)

Mix till combined and pour into a Pyrex casserole dish. In a snack sized Ziploc crush the Durkee onions and Parmesan together and sprinkle on top of casserole.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until golden.

Thank you for the lovely Get Well wishes. I still feel like crud but eh I figure if I can type I'm not dying ;)