I made it with Max

As promised here are the other yummy recipes I made with the new Mmmm Max Protein flavors.


Shelly's Chocolate Mint Protein Ice Cream Cake

You need:
Stainless Food Ring
Protein Ice Cream
Sugar Free Cookies (I used these)
Sugar Free Torani Syrup

Amounts will vary based on how big a cake you make.

Crush Sugar Free Cookies (I used Chocolate ones) and add enough SF Syrup (I used SF Peppermint) to make it clump. I needed about 8 cookies and 1 Tablespoon of Syrup. Place food ring on a plate. Fill base with cookie mixture and press to cover bottom (about 1/2 to 1 inch high) I'm thinking protein bars would work for the base too.

Fill with Protein Ice Cream you get right out of the machine (soft serve stage)

Cover with plastic wrap and freeze till hard.

Unmold. I used a warm (nuked 20 seconds) damp dish towel to warm sides and the ring just lifts off.

Decorate if desired. I topped with Sugar Free Land o Lakes Whipped Cream & a sprig of Chocolate Mint from my garden. My cake made 4 big wedges. Great for a post-op weight loss surgery birthday celebration.


The Protein Ice Cream flavor I used...

Shelly's Chocolate Mint Protein Ice Cream

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
2 scoops of Max Chocolate Mint Protein Powder
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup (on sale right now)

Mix together milk, protein and syrup. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. If you don't have one just toss it in a blender on super high. You want it fluffy almost double in size. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing.

You can eat it right away it is soft serve-ish (use for Protein Ice Cream Cake making) if you want scoops put it in the freezer to set for an hour.

I made a double batch. When you double protein ice cream don't bother doubling the protein. Supposedly we only absorb so much and the rest would be a waste ;)

More Eggface Protein Ice Cream flavors

I used some of the Chocolate Mint Protein Ice Cream to make the ice cream cake and with the leftover I made this nom nom nom yummy Protein Shake...

Shelly's Max Chocolate Mint Mocha Protein Shake

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk
2-3 scoops Chocolate Mint Protein Ice Cream (recipe above)
1 packet of Instant Coffee Granules (you know those Taster's Choice or Starbuck's Via tubes)

Blend on high. I served it with a squirt of SF Land o Lakes Whipped Cream and about 1/2 a Sugar Free Andes Candy (found 'em at CVS) grated on top.

Soooo good and waaaay better than a Starbuck's Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino. Oodles more protein too.