Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Beautiful Day and a Bento Lunch

What a gorgeous day. It's 87°F I almost don't want to say it out loud for fear of jinxing it. It hasn't been under 100° in weeks. It's waaaaay too beautiful not to be outside. Thanks to wifi and my super cool bento box lunch I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Pink Box (top left): (in silicon blue cup) Salami Chips and (in little blue container) Caesar dressing for salad
Orange Box (top right): Shelly's Espresso Protein Pudding
Blue Box (bottom left): Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad (Romaine, Grilled Chicken, Parmesan)
Green Box (bottom right): Watermelon Chunks

Shelly's Espresso Protein Pudding

1/2 cup Sugar Free Chocolate Instant Pudding, prepared
1 Tablespoon Click Espresso Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani or Davinci Syrup (SF Kahlua or SF Caramel are great)
Squirt of Sugar Free Land o Lakes Whipped Cream

Prepare pudding according to package instructions. I make it in my blender ball shaker. Add Click and syrup. Shake. Refrigerate for about 5 minutes to firm up. Top with whipped cream and a dusting of Click.

How to make Salami Chips

You need:
Genoa Salami, sliced thin (Pepperoni works too)
Microwave safe plate with cover
Paper Towel

Place salami on a plate and cover. Microwave salami for 1 minute or until sizzling stops (not more than 1 minute). Place chips on paper towel to cool & crisp up. Great served with salad or soup.

Umm Mother Nature... you can forget what I said the other day ;)


Krys Tros said...

OMG I so want all the little boxes. It's so neat it must make eating so much fun. Like opening up a little gift each time! I was going to ask if you live in Texas with the temps you talk about but then I saw that you live in Cali. Amazing that it's still so freaking hot! Keep posting I am totally enjoying it and have linked your blog onto my page!-K.T. http://krystros.blogspot.com/

chpdlivr said...

I got myself a bento box and have taken it to school the last two days.........and the teachers are sooooo jealous! They can't wait to see what's in the box at lunch time. Today it was a corn/black bean/mango salad, chunks of cheese, cucumbers and some brown rice chips (from the giant bag at Costco). Maybe the same tomorrow, since I'm the only one eating the black bean stuff!!
Thank, Shelly!!

ItsMoiRach said...

I really want to try the salami & pepperoni chips. I used to do this w/ deli cheese. I would put it on wax paper and heat it in microwave and it would make cheese chips....They are delish!

Anonymous said...

Salami chips?! I must try this.