Thursday, July 30, 2009

Yes, you can!

Pizza and Ice Cream post weight loss surgery? Yes, you can!

One of the best combinations in the world is pizza & ice cream. It was one of my favorites in childhood and still is. Just because we had weight loss surgery doesn't mean we have have to be denied one of life's pleasures.

This is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. We just have to be wise about how we enjoy. Pre-op it would have been a pint of Ben & Jerry's and 4 slices of Pizza Hut pizza. Not wise. Here's the wise and super yummy way I enjoy now...

Shelly's Artichoke Three Cheese Tortilla Pizza - Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Fajita Size Tortilla topped with Ricotta Cheese, Marinara Sauce, Artichoke Hearts (non-marinated), sprinkle of Parmesan, Mozzarella and Italian Seasonings.

Shelly's Brownie Protein Ice Cream

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
2 scoops of Chocolate Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Vanilla Torani Syrup
4-6 Sugar Free Brownie Cookies, Crumbled

Mix together milk, protein, and syrup. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. If you don't have one just toss it in a blender on super high. You want it fluffy almost double in size. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. 5 minutes before done add brownies to ice cream maker. You can eat it right away it is soft serve-ish but I like to put it in the freezer to set for an hour.

If you double the batch of this or any of my Ice Cream recipes double everything but the protein powder... only so much we absorb per sitting so they say.

I topped my ice cream sundae with a drizzle of Sugar Free Hot Fudge and some crumbled SF Brownie bits. Heaven.

More Eggface Pizza (including cooking instructions)
More Eggface Protein Ice Cream


Diane said...

I finally found some of those Flat Out thingies and plan to make pizzas with the kids. They LOVE making pizza!!! Mom will love this recipe...mmmmmm........

Diane said...

...and I hope you don't mind but I gave a "shout out" for your zucchini lasagna on my blog and included the pic (giving full credit to you, of course). I can remove it if you want...but it's getting rave reviews from my peeps at home.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Yay glad you found them. It is a blast making them with kids... I love doing pizza faces... pepper strip lips, olive eyes, tomato nose, etc.

and TY for the shoutout on your blog. I appreciate it :)


mmurty said...

Shelly, now that I had my surgery I check out your site everyday dreaming of the time when I am no longer on mushy food. I can't wait to try so many of your great recipes. I love your attitude about cheese (full fat) and I have adopted it myself. Ordered my ice cream maker and can't wait to try your ice cream. Mikki

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just LOVE all your recipes!! Are you by chance coming out with a cookbook of all your creations?! That would be the best if you did (Hint hint) LOL!

Melissa said...

Shelley, I check out your blog daily and often make your recipes. But I must admit, I have been afraid to try the protein ice cream. It looks so yummy but I am really afraid that it would taste too "proteiny". Know what I mean? Can you assure me if it tastes as good as it looks and does it have a bad aftertaste?

Was thinking I'd splurge in an ice cream machine (kids would love it too!).

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Use my Max Protein and it will taste awesome. I promise. It has no aftertaste at all or smell...

If your protein tastes like monkey's butt LOL I can't promise you it won't.

The link for Max is in the recipe and the 20% off code is still in effect. It rocks! It makes shakes, smoothies, ice cream a pleasure. It's low carb too.


RP said...

Hi Shelly:

Do you ever use the SF Torani Chocolate Syrup in any of your chocolate icecreams?

I tried it once and it wasn't so hot, but I'm being a cheapo and trying to use up the protein powder I have before buying the gold standard 'Max'.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

RP, The Torani Chocolate Clearish Syrup I have used but not the Chocolate Sauce (thicker stuff) they make.

The Max Protein is really good ;) It's seriously like a smoothie shop smoothie and makes yummy ice cream. I'd go for it at least once while the 20% code is still in effect. Then only use it for "special" stuff. Ice Cream urges :)


Luanne said...

so why not double the protein on a double recipe? Unless you're gonna eat the entire batch of ice cream, it seems that it wouldn't matter or does it make it too rich??

Tamara Chipman said...

What's the site for max protein and the code

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hey Tamara, Unfortunately Max as we knew it is no longer available :( any protein powder you love will work. I can give you a few suggestions that are close in flavor feel free to email me.