Breakfast of Champions

Peanut Butter Protein Ice Cream with a Fudge Swirl. Ohhhh yeah. I am eating it as I type. Yep for breakfast. Sitting on the patio enjoying the warmth of the sun. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful Sunday.


Shelly's Peanut Butter Fudge Swirl Protein Ice Cream

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
2 scoops of Vanilla Protein Powder
3 Tablespoons PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Vanilla Torani Syrup
2 Tablespoons Peanuts, chopped
Drizzle of Sugar Free Hot Fudge Topping (I use Smuckers, nuked a few seconds to thin for drizzling)

Mix together milk, protein, PB2 and syrup. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. If you don't have one just toss it in a blender on super high. You want it fluffy almost double in size. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. 5 minutes before done add nuts. When done scoop 1/2 out of machine into a Tupperware container. Drizzle Fudge Sauce (about 2 Tablespoons) top with other 1/2 of Ice Cream and repeat drizzle.

You can eat it right away it is soft serve-ish but I like to put it in the freezer to set for an hour.

More Eggface Protein Ice Cream flavors

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend...

I did the Farmer's Market thing... patty pan squash, zucchini, tomatoes, cherries (already pitted, tossed in the freezer, ready for my Cherry Protein Muffins next week), strawberries, blueberries, pluots, onions, hmmm I think that was it. The Market was a little smaller than usual we've got our big Balloon & Wine Festival going on this weekend I'm figuring they didn't want to compete.

Went to the movies, took a few long walks, shot some hoops, worked in the garden, went to coffee with a pal, I won a Twitter contest. $30 in El Pollo Loco Chicken. Well at least it's something I can eat. El Pollo Loco was actually one of the first chicken I ate as a post-op. I'd eat the insides of their Tacos El Carbon. Nom. Are you on Twitter yet? We're getting quite a group of post (and pre-op) weight loss surgery "tweeps." Nice support system. Come hang out. When you get there add me: Eggface

Gonna BBQ today and errr clean. Can't all be fun.


Highlights of the Day (well weekend):

* Got a letter from the IRS. Apparently I made a mistake on my taxes. That's what you get for doing them at 3 AM on April 14th. But this is a highlight so... it was in my favor $ woot! Might be able to do something fun for my birthday at the end of the month now.

* Finally saw "17 Again" So cute... like "Back to the Future" meets "Big" meets "Teen Wolf." Zac Efron... YUM those eyes. Ha. Does that make me a cougar?

* Found a new cool place to walk. I need to bring the camera next time. Snap some pics.

Listening to: "Sunday Morning" No Doubt