Sunday, June 7, 2009

Breakfast of Champions

Peanut Butter Protein Ice Cream with a Fudge Swirl. Ohhhh yeah. I am eating it as I type. Yep for breakfast. Sitting on the patio enjoying the warmth of the sun. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful Sunday.


Shelly's Peanut Butter Fudge Swirl Protein Ice Cream

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
2 scoops of Vanilla Protein Powder
3 Tablespoons PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Vanilla Torani Syrup
2 Tablespoons Peanuts, chopped
Drizzle of Sugar Free Hot Fudge Topping (I use Smuckers, nuked a few seconds to thin for drizzling)

Mix together milk, protein, PB2 and syrup. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. If you don't have one just toss it in a blender on super high. You want it fluffy almost double in size. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. 5 minutes before done add nuts. When done scoop 1/2 out of machine into a Tupperware container. Drizzle Fudge Sauce (about 2 Tablespoons) top with other 1/2 of Ice Cream and repeat drizzle.

You can eat it right away it is soft serve-ish but I like to put it in the freezer to set for an hour.

More Eggface Protein Ice Cream flavors

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend...

I did the Farmer's Market thing... patty pan squash, zucchini, tomatoes, cherries (already pitted, tossed in the freezer, ready for my Cherry Protein Muffins next week), strawberries, blueberries, pluots, onions, hmmm I think that was it. The Market was a little smaller than usual we've got our big Balloon & Wine Festival going on this weekend I'm figuring they didn't want to compete.

Went to the movies, took a few long walks, shot some hoops, worked in the garden, went to coffee with a pal, I won a Twitter contest. $30 in El Pollo Loco Chicken. Well at least it's something I can eat. El Pollo Loco was actually one of the first chicken I ate as a post-op. I'd eat the insides of their Tacos El Carbon. Nom. Are you on Twitter yet? We're getting quite a group of post (and pre-op) weight loss surgery "tweeps." Nice support system. Come hang out. When you get there add me: Eggface

Gonna BBQ today and errr clean. Can't all be fun.


Highlights of the Day (well weekend):

* Got a letter from the IRS. Apparently I made a mistake on my taxes. That's what you get for doing them at 3 AM on April 14th. But this is a highlight so... it was in my favor $ woot! Might be able to do something fun for my birthday at the end of the month now.

* Finally saw "17 Again" So cute... like "Back to the Future" meets "Big" meets "Teen Wolf." Zac Efron... YUM those eyes. Ha. Does that make me a cougar?

* Found a new cool place to walk. I need to bring the camera next time. Snap some pics.

Listening to: "Sunday Morning" No Doubt

12 comments:

Karla said...

Just had to write and tell you that I tried the stuffed pizza bites tonight for supper with a little low carb cole slaw. Hubby and I both loved them and they are definitely going in the "keepers" file. I didn't realize they would be so filling. Thank you for posting these wonderful recipes for those of us who are recipe challenged.

Mz.Soul said...

Hey there! I have a question for you: I bought this weird looking squash today. A Chayote Squash or Christophen Squash...Any idea what I can do with it? I just loved the way it looked, but don't know how to cook it. Since, you're my food idol, I thought I would ask:-)

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Yay Karla, I'm so glad you guys enjoyed them! TY for you lovely compliment.

***

Mz. Soul,

The only way I've eaten them is raw in sort of a Mexican Shrimp Salad. Maybe try my Tropical Shrimp Cocktail recipe & add the diced Chayote.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2009/03/tropical-shrimp-cocktail.html

~Michelle

buckscountybabe said...

Hi Shelly,
Just wanted to let you know that when I went searching for the SF peanut butter cups to chop up and put in the pbc protein ice cream, I found SF peanut brittle. Gonna make some peanut brittle ice cream, soon, but not too soon. I'm just over two weeks out from surgery and on soft foods (I don't think peanut brittle is on the list, ha, ha). But I'm stocking my pantry and reading your receipes in anticipation of being able to eat some of them. As I scroll through them it's almost like eating them, LOL. Thanks for your blog, it's a lifesaver! Priscilla (aka buckscountybabe).

Natalie Chappelle said...

Have you ever tried to make ice cream with the Bird's custard and protein powder? I have heard frozen custard is great!

Aloha,

Natalie

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Yum sounds great. I use Jello Pudding a lot in the ice cream recipes (makes it creamier) I would think Bird's would act in the same way. Will give it a try & let you know ;) TY.

~Michelle

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Priscilla, TY for the lovely compliments. I tried brittle in ice cream once with mixed results... It was great soft serve but really hard frozen like little rocks. I need to make another batch smashing the brittle smaller. See's Candies makes a great SF Brittle if you haven't tried it yet. They do online orders I believe. See's is a west coast thing.

~M

~Michelle

PoetsSpirit said...

thanks for your advice on the squash...i have another question for you, lol: i just made the yummiest ice cream (pre-surgery I really loved this ice cream that ben and jerry makes, oatmeal something or another, and this was my knock-off version), when I follow the one cup of milk, two scoops of protien recipe, do I eat the entire serving myself. i am looking at the ice cream as a liquid, not a solid, therefore it shouldn't matter, as long as i'm not overdoing it and adding fats and sugars. right? what do you think?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

You can. It's basically the same as a shake but in the ice cream form it's harder to eat the whole thing. Bulk wise if you get what I mean.

~Michelle

PoetsSpirit said...

Yes, I get what you mean now. I wrote that right before I ate my oatmeal cookie ice cream--and ugh! trying to eat the entire thing would have been pure greed, lol. It's more dense than a regular shake, and I can't really stomach the thick ones...Believe me, I will be back with more questions...TRYING YOUR MEATBALLS TONIGHT...MMMM!

Katie said...

I was wondering, when you freeze your ice cream is it usually hard as a rock after freezing it for more than an hour. I always have to let mine sit out for a few minutes before I can scoop it out.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Yep to bring it back to scoopable from the freezer I nuke 25 seconds.

Here's some protein ice cream tips:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/08/key-lime-pie-protein-ice-cream-and-tips.html

~M