Starting 2009 off right

This is a low stress breakfast. Super easy to prepare and totally family friendly. Everyone can design their own with the additions they like yet they cook and finish at the same time.

There's also no need to babysit it while cooking (like typical omelettes) so you can concentrate on preparing other things.


Eggface's Baked Egg Cups

Preheat oven to 375. Spray a silicone muffin pan with Pam cooking spray.

Crumble cooked ground beef, sausage, ham, chili, smoked salmon, meatloaf or bacon into each muffin cup.

Top with shredded cheese, diced green onion, chopped herbs, leftover chopped veggies (broccoli, peas, asparagus, spinach...), refried beans.

Whatever you like.

It's a great use for leftovers. I used a leftover Caprese Turkey Mini Meatloaf from the other night. My combo was leftover meatloaf, diced green onion and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.

You will want to fill the muffin tins about 3/4 full of "stuff" before you add the egg. I leave a little indentation or well in whatever filling I add so the egg has a little place to fall into. Crack one large egg into each well. It's OK if it breaks. Season with a pinch of Kosher Salt and a few twists of freshly ground Black Pepper.



Bake in a 375 oven for 20 minutes (soft yellow my preference) or 23 minutes (firm yellow.) Pop out of pan and serve.

I served them for breakfast this first day of 2009 with a fruit salad of golden pineapple, sliced strawberries and blueberries but hash browns, toast, or an English muffin would be a great non-op carby alternative. Ohhhh and OMG use these for the cutest Valentine's breakfast ever.



Highlights of the day:

* My wishes for you, my Eggface readers in the New Year.

When you're lonely, I wish you Love.
When you're down, I wish you Joy.
When you're troubled, I wish you Peace.
When things seem empty, I wish you Hope.


May 2009 be your best year ever.

* Because I had a nice quiet evening at home watching TV, chatting with family and friends and eating weight loss surgery friendly snacks instead of going out partying I feel energized and awesome this morning. I took a sunrise walk and came home and ate this yummy protein and vitamin packed breakfast. A great way to start 2009.

Oh in case you were wondering... I got 8 out of 12 raisins in my mouth! Looks like it's going to be darn good year ;)

* In 2009 I will...

Learn to love myself.
Recognize and cherish the people who I love and that love me because unfortunately "Life is Short" is not just a saying.
Live a positive, healthy life.
Be a better person (anger less, smile more, help more, it's all about the Karma, baby.)
Take a moment each day to appreciate the things I have.


Listening to: "You Make It Real" James Morrison