Soup Love

Soups are warm, comforting, cozy and all those things we associate with love. Cradling a bowl of steaming soup in my hands is like a big hug. Feeling a little down this week I needed a bowlful of love.

They say not to seek comfort in food but I say hell I'll find comfort where I can. I just try and make wise choices. A beautiful bowl of vitamin packed soup that is good for my body, mind and soul versus a bag of Doritos. 'Cause there's no love in a bag of Doritos. You know what I'm saying.


Shelly's Cannellini Artichoke Soup

1 Yellow Onion, diced
4 Green Onions, diced
2 small Leeks, chopped (white and light green parts only)
1 can Artichoke Hearts (13.75 oz. can, non-marinated type)
4 cloves garlic, sliced
2 (15 oz.) cans Cannellini Beans, rinsed & drained
2 cups Chicken Broth
2 Tablespoons storebought Pesto Sauce
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper
Olive Oil/Butter for sauteing
Parmesan for top

Saute onions and leeks till golden. Add the artichoke hearts and garlic and cook for another 5 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients and simmer covered till heated through.


Puree using this groovy gadget or transfer in batches to a blender and puree. Serve with a snowfall of parmesan cheese. Made 4 huge bowls.

This soup is super creamy yet contains no cream or milk so it's great for lactose intolerant weight loss surgery post-ops.

Just a reminder: January is National Soup Month.

Here's some more Eggface favorite soups. Hey and soup is also very affordable and we can all use that after the expenses of the holidays.


Highlights of the day:

* Went to the cheapy theater with my Mum yesterday to see "Four Christmases." Super cute. Vince Vaughn (yum) and Reese Witherspoon. Someone I know said ;) LOL that "it wasn't that good" but I really enjoyed it. Mum did too and the popcorn with no butter.

* Got an unexpected $50 in the mail from a rebate thing I sent off months ago. I love when things I forget like that show up.

* Football game this afternoon. You know I have to say I'm kind of getting into it. I used to have a Jane Austen Chick Flick Fest on Super Bowl Sunday in protest of all the testosterone but I'm having second thoughts. This year I may just join the boys in the fun... then go watch Pride and Prejudice.

Listening to: "The Joker" Steve Miller Band