Little Things

These are yummy little appetizers. They would be great Super Bowl Sunday or heck who needs an occasion I have "Tidbit Parties" or "Carpet Picnics" all the time. All you need are good friends and/or family, yummy weight loss surgery friendly snacks, and the ability to value the little things in life.

Shelly's Bacon Wrapped Chicken Nuggets

7 Chicken Tenders, boneless & skinless, cut into 1" pieces
10 slices Bacon, cut in half
Wooden Toothpicks
either Shelly's Apricot Ginger Sauce or a storebought BBQ sauce (or make a 1/2 batch of each flavor)
Dried Apricots

Partially cook bacon. You want it limp not crisp. Drain well on paper towels. Preheat oven to 450. Cut chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes. Dip chicken cubes into either BBQ sauce or Apricot Ginger Sauce. If using apricot ginger sauce place a dried apricot on top of chicken cube. Wrap each chicken cube with partially cooked bacon and secure with a wooden toothpick. Place on a cookie sheet.

Bake at 450 for 10 minutes; turn and bake 10 more minutes. Makes about 20 nuggets.

Shelly's Apricot Ginger Sauce

2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Apricot Jam (I use Smucker's Simply Fruit Apricot)
1/2 teaspoon Ginger, grated
1/2 teaspoon Garlic, crushed

Mix together. Make an extra batch for a dipping sauce for cooked nuggets.

If you like this... try this other Eggface dish: Shelly's Bacon-wrapped Pesto Shrimp

Highlights of the Day:

* My overactive insomniac imagination was wrong about something and for that I'm grateful. I was worried about a friend and turns out all was relatively well. It was funny then I read this today and I soooo needed to read it...

"Focusing on worst-case scenarios won’t keep bad things from happening. It will only keep you from enjoying the good things you have in the present."

The little things.

* More little things... I love that my Mum knows just when I need a hug. Not a lot of people in my life can read me like that.

* Right now. Listening to really "badd" tunes. Thinking about all that is good in my life (big and little.) Sipping on a new Hot Cocoa creation. It's like a Samoas Girl Scout cookie in a mug. Yum.

No Sugar Added Cocoa with a splash of SF Caramel Torani Syrup topped with a drizzle of Sugar Free Smuckers Caramel and Hot Fudge Sauces and a sprinkle of unsweetened Toasted Coconut.

Listening to (well and watching): "All 4 Love" Color me Badd Scary scary scary. Click on it if you need to giggle. Those shirts, the dance moves, I lost it in the talking part "Yo, come here sweetheart..."