Thursday, June 26, 2008

Protein Ice Cream Sundae

Who said we can't have our weight loss surgery and our "ice cream" sundae too!?

Shelly's Chocolate Caramel Protein Ice Cream

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
2 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Caramel)
1 teaspoon Sugar Free Caramel Sauce (I used Smucker's)

Sundae toppings: Land o' Lakes SF Whipped Cream, Chopped Walnuts, Smucker's SF Hot Fudge Sauce, and a Maraschino Cherry

Mix together milk, protein, SF syrup & sauce. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. Makes 1/2 pint.

I used a little manual machine. So I stirred the crank for 15 minutes (a great arm work out). You can eat it then (it's soft servish) but I like to put it in the freezer for 1 hour to harden up a bit.

I love my little manual Donvier. I've had it for no joke 20 years. I bought mine for 50 cents new in the box at a thrift. Score.

If you don't have a manual or electric machine you can always use a 1 lb. coffee can inside a 3 lb. coffee can with rock salt and ice. That is pretty messy though so if you can get one of these Donvier's (ebay an old model or a new quart model) I highly recommend it. If you have kids you might want to buy this which looks like fun.

What flavor to make next?

Mint Chocolate Chip
Toasted Coconut



DCY said...

My Gawd, what are you trying to do to me. If I could come through the computer screen I would. Now I have to go buy one of those Donvier thingies and all the ingredients. What a shame, what a shame!!! LOL Do you see me putting on any brakes as I walk out the door to go to the store to buy my gadget and all the fixin's. Nooooo! I scream, u scream, we all scream for ice cream or the nearest substitute we can find.

Madam Elvis said...

Coffee Ice Cream Next!! Or...COCONUT!! Yummy! NOW YOUR TALKING sweet tooth Eggface! I HAVE TO have something sweet everyday. I need to watch what I am eating, so I LOVE THE WAY you include these sweet treats into your montage of adapted foods.

THANK YOU YET AGAIN for broadening (sp?) my menue!

Naija said...

Ok, so I have realized that the type of protein you use totally affects the taste of your ice cream.

I tried my hand @ it yesterday with some 'monkey ass' tasting protein, trying to use if I could use it up.... Well it was a mistake. XD

I decided to try it again today with my Max Protein, and I have to say, I about lost my mind. lol! I gave it to my mom and she was all, "That tastes like real ice cream". I love all the stuff you post, but this really had made me happy. No longer will I have to suffer while everyone else gets ice cream. XD

Thanks so much!

Jill said...

Thank you so much for these great receipts. I can't wait to try some more, Excited about the protein ice cream.

Anonymous said...

This is soooo gooooood!! I don't have an ice cream maker, so I just put it in an airtight container and stir about every 30 min until it's frozen. With this one, I stirred in extra bands of s.f. caramel sauce when it was almost frozen and tossed in a small handful of dry roasted peanuts. Sweet and salty!

Lee said...

I really want to try this but am wondering how much a scoop of protein is? I am in Finland and we don't get scoops with our protein, and if we did they may be different from yours? Please help so I can make this and have something nicer than pureed food :)

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Lee, My SEI Max or Ultimate scoop is 30 g - 35 g. = 22 g. protein, the CLICK one is slightly smaller... I make no adjustment. If you add slightly more or less it won't really effect most recipes (shakes, ice cream, etc.) muffins I might try and aim close to my #'s.

Check out this post before you churn first batch:

Jill Marie said...

Thanks again

Clarissa Callesen said...

What's the calories on a serving of this?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Clarissa, That would depend on your protein and how much of the ice cream you eat... the ice cream (an entire batch) is the same as a shake. You'll want to add (using a recipe calculator google there are tons) to add all your ingredients up then divide by how many bowls you get from it (depends on how far out you are,etc.) that's how you find out the cals, fat, carbs, protein on any of mine or anyone else's recipes. Hope this helps!