Monday, June 30, 2008

My Birthday Wish

Can't tell you what I wished for but I will give you the recipe...


Shelly's Strawberry Cheesecake Protein Ice Cream

1/2 cup mashed Strawberries
2 Tablespoons Whipped Cream Cheese
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Vanilla)
1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
1/4 cup chopped Strawberries

Mash strawberries, SF Syrup and cream cheese together. Mix together milk, protein, & strawberry cream cheese mixture. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. 5 minutes before done add chopped strawberries. I put it in the freezer to set for an hour. Top with an optional squirt of Land o'Lakes Sugar Free Whipped Cream.


If you haven't tried Protein Ice Cream yet... do it now! I promise you will very, very happy you did.

Basically you can just throw your favorite protein shake recipe in an ice cream maker and viola in 20 minutes or so you have an AWESOME UNBELIEVABLY YUMMY weight loss surgery friendly summer treat!

12 comments:

DCY said...

Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream!!! YUM!

jeri said...

I'm whipping some up right now!!
I have the cuisinart ice cream maker and I heart it!!!
Thanks.
Jeri

Jeri Kay's World
http://jerimartinez5011.spaces.live.com/

CAR19 said...

I just keep printing your recipes and can't wait to have some time to play in the kitchen! I get my band filled for the first time on Wednesday, and can tell you I am just a little nervous about it!

I think the ice creams will become my treat of choice!!

Thanks for sharing....again :)

denise said...

Well, you have finally broken me down. I went and bought the ice cream maker yesterday and i will be making some ice cream tonight. i hope my 3 year old likes it too! now, what can we do about a fake potato chip maker?

AJ said...

This sounds soooo good! What type of protein powder are you using?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

dcy: It was sooo good. Hope you enjoy it.

***

jeri: I had to breakdown and get an electric or my arm was going to fall off. LOL

***

car19: Hope you enjoy them!

***

denise: Hope you both love it!!!

***

Aj: I use Max Protein by SEI Energie Nutrition. Here's the info on mine http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/06/my-favorite-protein-shake-recipes.html but any will work out great.

Cake said...

Hey Michelle, I'm glad the weather is one again getting warmer so I can make protein ice cream. I do have a question about your basic recipe -- What is the size(or approx gram weight of a scoop/serving according to your protein powder's nutrition label) of the "scoop" that you are using for your protein powder? OR -- how much protein powder does this make in Tablespoons or teaspoons? Finally, how many grams of protein does your protein powder contain in one scoop?

Please know that I do understand why you don't include nutrition info for your recipes--I agree with your reasoning and thankfully am at a point where I eat intuitively most of the time anyway and don't track/log any more (except for protein grams). However, since I tend to eat protein ice cream for the sake of getting in more protein in the yummiest way possible, the info I'm asking about would be most helpful.

Too much of even the tastiest protein powder would, I
imagine, make even your yummiest ice cream recipe not taste as good -- tasty or not, it's still protein powder after all! My goal is to get my execution of the recipe to taste as close to yours as possible so I can experience protein powder ice cream heaven.

Thanks,

Cindy (sablouwho on OH, Sarah Palin at the LA OH conf. Halloween party)

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hey Cindy,

Hope you are well!

My scoop is 30 g - 35 g. My protein is 118 cals per scoop 22g. protein.

~Michelle

luvduck84 said...

Might be a dumb question but how much rock salt and ice do you use?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

None :) Most new machines don't need salt or ice... I have a Cuisinart just a gel filled cylinder you freeze overnight and turn on for 20 minutes.

SwampCatNana said...

My scoop is 26 gm.
Lee

Bren said...

I added a small amount of strawberry jello (1/2 tsp) sugar free powder and it added so much strawberry flavor! So yummy!