Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world. Yesterday's healthy and delicious menu...

Breakfast: Ricotta Pancakes topped with Chia Jam. If you haven't made this jam yet, do it. It's sooo good. No sugar added topping for Greek yogurt, ricotta or cottage cheese, ricotta pancakes, smeared on a slice of protein cake or a protein muffin, as a protein ice cream topping, stirred in oatmeal (a spoon of powdered peanut butter and a spoon of this jam = PB&J heaven)


Pancake Breakfast Healthy Recipes Bariatric Surgery Fitness Low Carb Diabetic Friendly

More Eggface Breakfast Ideas

Lunch: I am so done with summer. I'm ready for sweaters, pumpkin everything, casseroles, chilly air. It was 100 yesterday. Supposed to be 102 today and above 95 for the rest of the week. Uggh. So the first of many non-cook (aka not heating up the kitchen till after dark) lunches I will survive on for the next week was this sort of Caprese Salad with Fresh Mozzarella and Avocado (drizzle of balsamic dressing, salt, pepper, oregano)

Bariatric Surgery Menus Lunch

More Eggface Healthy Salads and Cold Eats

Dinner: I made a batch of un-"breaded" chicken tenders and served them with a tomato pesto Greek yogurt dip (1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt and a dollop of that tomato pesto I made the other day) and sauteed zucchini and onions.

Weight Loss Health WLS Food Recipes

I just dredged some Foster Farms chicken tenders in beaten egg then in a combo of almond meal and parmesan (1/2 cup almond meal to 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese) and (salt, pepper, sprinkle of Zaatar) seasonings. I sauteed them in a small amount of olive oil but for an even lighter version you can bake them. I do 425 (foil lined, non stick sprayed, baking sheet) for 15-20 minutes depending on thickness.

Easy Dinners Recipes

Snacks: Too much coffee, I made a Cherry Coconut Protein Shake and later in the day in honor of Ants on a Log Day (which is actually today, so still time to celebrate) I made an assortment: the OG classic "Ants on a Log" peanut butter and raisins and "Ants and Friends" peanut butter and dark chocolate almond, almond butter and dried cranberry and dried cherry and spreadable cheese. I cut them in half post picture and shared with my Mum and she declared the cherry/cheese combo the winner. I couldn't decide, loved them all. Hooray for preschool snack time ;)

WLS Weight Loss Surgery Protein Powder Recipes Eggface

Shelly's Cherry Coconut Protein Shake

8 oz. Milk (any, I used soy)
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Coconut)
1/4 cup Frozen Cherries
a few cubes of ice

Whiz on high in a blender.

More Eggface Protein Shakes and Smoothies

Snacks Kid Friendly

More Days in my Pouch