Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world. Here's what I ate yesterday...

Breakfast: I had an abundance of apples so I cooked a few. I just peeled, chopped them and cooked them with a couple of pumps of Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used a little SF Salted Caramel), a dash or 2 of cinnamon and a dash of apple pie spice. I stirred them occasionally and cooked them till they were softened but still held shape.


I topped a scoop of cooked apples with a dollop of sweetened ricotta cheese (just added some cinnamon and SF Vanilla Torani to taste.) You could use honey or agave too whatever sweetener you use. On top of that I sprinkled some Chai Spiced Protein Granola. OMG Have you made this granola yet?!... make it. It should be called cracknola, it's addictive. Soooo good! I use Big Train Spiced Chai Protein (you could use any protein but try the Chai version, cracknola!)


More Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Breakfasts

Lunch: Shrimp Cocktail and Cheese. Pretty Simple. I use regular cocktail sauce. They sell SF ones but I don't use that much. See the amount pictured, probably half that gets actually consumed. I ate on the fly, in between a project for work (I work from home) I was also dragging out the holiday decorations and you know how that goes... surrounded by a sea of boxes.


I took a break outside a little later with a protein shake. It has been gorgeous here high 70's. Though it's lovely it's not conducive to the holiday spirit maybe once the decorations go up. Umm soon. I dragged the boxes out. That's as far as I got.


Shelly's Peanut Butter Honey Yogurt Smoothie

8 oz. Milk (any Skim, Soy, Almond, Coconut, whatever you like)
1 scoop Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
2 Tablespoons Powdered Peanut Butter
2-3 Frozen Honey Yogurt Cubes

Place all ingredients in blender, and blend until smooth.

Powdered Peanut Butter is de-fatted peanut butter. About 85%-90% of the fat has been removed so it has the consistency of flour, in fact, it is sometimes called peanut flour. I used Chike PB.

How to make Honey Yogurt Cubes: Stir together 1-6 oz container of plain Greek Yogurt (I used Fage 0%) and 2 Tablespoons of Honey till well combined. You can use SF Torani too. Spoon into ice cube tray and freeze. Makes 6-8 cubes.


Time Saver: I often make Smoothie Bags on Sunday to make the week's breakfasts easier. I place all the ingredients except the milk of course in a snack sized baggie and toss in the freezer. On a busy morning, pull a baggie out, dump in blender, add milk.

More Eggface Favorite Protein Shakes and Smoothies


I had company. One of the 2 cats that have adopted my yard was sun bathing next to me...


Dinner: I made my Crockpot Carnitas the yesterday and had some leftovers (about 2 1/2 cups) I took those added some Chicken Broth (1 box) some sauteed zucchini and yellow crookneck squash (2 small, sliced) and turned it into a soup. Topped it with grated Cotija cheese. Total Grandma comfort food.


More Eggface Healthy Mexican Favorites

Snacks: Coffee including a stop at Starbucks for a Soy Latte and since the line was short I had them jazz it up a bit. I ordered a Hot, Grande, Soy Latte with 1 pump of Sugar Free Cinnamon Dolce and 2 pumps SF Vanilla. It was perfect, very Christmasy (if that's not a word it should be.)

In the evening, I watched a DVR'd episode of The Amazing Race (my favorite show) I'm behind an episode (no spoilers, my favorite team this time is Bethanny (Soul Surfer) and Adam. While I watched I snacked on this...



Shelly's Monkey Cereal Snack Mix

1/4 cup Cheerios Cereal (I used the Multigrain Dark Chocolate Crunch ones)
6-12 Almonds (I used 6 Blue Diamond Salted Caramel Almond)
5-6 pieces of Freeze-dried Banana (not dried, freeze dried, found it at Trader Joe's)

Mix together.

More Days in my Pouch

post signature