Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world. Here's what I ate yesterday...

Breakfast: I had a few appointments and errands to run so I grabbed a couple of my Banana Chai Protein Donuts, tossed them in a snack sized Ziploc and went on my way. This last batch I made I made a few with red walnuts and a few sugar free chocolate chips (Walmart) just pushed a couple of chips, nuts in right before popping them in the oven and in my travels I had a Starbucks Sugar Free Vanilla Soy Latte.



7 Protein Packed Grab & Go Breakfast Ideas

Lunch: I came home and made these protein packed, flattened meatballs. They had a Greek vibe with mint (don't leave it out) and the Greek yogurt cucumber dip. They are a great lunch or dinner. I ate a couple just dipped in the yogurt sauce but you could top a salad with them or use a piece of Boston lettuce like a cup and drizzle the dressing on top. Would be a great game day appetizer too. 



Shelly's Beef Kofta (Flat Meatballs) with Cucumber Mint Yogurt Sauce

1/2 lb. Ground Beef (you could really use any meat: pork, turkey)
1 teaspoon Dried Mint
1 Egg, beaten
1/4 cup Almond Meal
dash of salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Mix with hands till combined. Form into 8 meatballs. Place in a pan I used a drizzle of olive oil for crunchy edges (Pam would work too) and press down slightly to form ovals. Saute until they are well browned on all sides. Serve hot with Cucumber Mint Yogurt Sauce.

Cook's Note: almond meal and almond flour are interchangeable in this recipe: meal is just ground almonds with skins on, flour is ground almonds with skins off.

Cucumber Mint Yogurt Sauce

4 oz. Plain Greek yogurt
1/4 of a Hothouse (English) Cucumber, diced fine
1/2 teaspoon Dried Mint
dash of Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Eggface Healthy Greek Recipes Pinterest Page

Dinner: Foil Fish Packet. A go-to dinner at my house. Shelly's Tilapia Squash Foil Fish Packet: slice up some squash placed it on a piece of foil, 1 green onion. Add a piece of any fish you like (I used tilapia, shrimp or scallops would be great too, just lower the time by 5 minutes) Sprinkle with any seasoning you like, salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil. Wrap everything in foil tightly. Toss on a covered BBQ for 20 (defrosted) - 25 (frozen) minutes and depending on the thickness of the fillet.


Don't open the lid. Trust me it will come out perfect every time and best of all. If you are really bad like me eat it directly from the packet and there is zero clean-up... well OK a fork. I served it with a dollop of Greek yogurt seasoned with the same seasoning I used on the fish cause I dip everything.

More Eggface Foil Packet Dinners

Snacks: Lots of coffee powered my day (those splashed of soy milk add up) and I was in the mood for something crunchy and gave these Crunchy Bean Snacks a try. Yum! and 7 g. protein. I had the sea salt ones (they come in 5 flavors, I have a packet of the tomato basil to try next.) 



More Days in my pouch