A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts (I try and post them every few days) to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world.

Breakfast: The last of this week's Farmer's Market Strawberries with Mango, a dollop of Pineapple Cottage Cheese and a Tablespoon of Slivered Almonds.

 
Lunch: These savory pancakes are so good, kind of a potato-less potato pancake. They are soft & loaded with yummy protein so early post weight loss surgery people should have no trouble with them minus the bruschetta topping of course.


Shelly's Bruschetta Pancakes

1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
1 Egg
1 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese
3 Tablespoons Multigrain Pancake Mix
1 teaspoon Parsley
1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
1/4 teaspoon Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper


Bruschetta Topping

2-3 Tomatoes, chopped
Fresh Basil, finely chopped
dash of Oregano
Salt to taste
a few twists of Black Pepper
drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar


Mix together Bruschetta Topping and set aside. Mix pancake ingredients together. Spray non-stick pan with Pam. Cook on low till bubbles appear, flip. Cook till done. Makes 8 pancakes. Top with Bruschetta Topping.

I used whole milk ricotta if you use part skim. Drain through a sieve lined with a coffee filter for several hours or overnight in the fridge. These pancakes can be made ahead and reheated.

More Eggface Pancakes

Dinner: I spotted these pre-cooked Ball Park Burger Patties in the freezer section of the supermarket the other day. I don't eat a lot of beef but every so often I feel like a burger (I can eat about 3/4 or so.) These were an easy meal. I tossed them on the BBQ for 3 minutes or so, flipped them and topped with a slice of good ole' American cheese and cooked till the cheese melted. I served them with a dollop of my Garbanzo and Green Bean Salad


Mum and I ate dinner outside, talked about the tragedy that had unfolded earlier in the day at the Boston marathon. I don't care what your "cause" is... senseless violence is not a way to spread your message. "An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind." We also remembered our lovely trip to Boston a few years ago (thank you again for helping make that memory happen.) Prayers, good thoughts to ♥ Boston.

Snacks: Lots of coffee and few pieces of Krave Lemon Garlic Turkey Jerky. Love this jerky. Check them out on Facebook and tell 'em Eggface sent you.


More days in my pouch