Sunday, February 17, 2013

A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts (I try and post them every few days) to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world.

Breakfast: This is one of my go to breakfasts. My Mum (a Brit) is a big scrambled egg fan so I just toss an extra egg in for me and top with sauteed mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, and a few twists of black pepper. Sauteed mushrooms for breakfast = very British.

Lunch: This is a great lunch or dinner when you are home alone. It's easily adaptable add more less shrimp, more less spinach per person. It literally takes minutes to make. Low carb and packed with protein. Any leftover can be used the next day on top of a Tortilla Pizza.

Shelly's Quickie Spinach Shrimp Scampi

1 lb bag of Baby Spinach
12 Raw Shrimp
1 teaspoon (or more to taste) Garlic, minced
a pinch of Red Pepper flakes
a dash of Salt
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil

Saute garlic and red pepper flakes for 1 minute in olive oil. Toss in spinach when it's just wilted add shrimp, stir and cook till shrimp are pink and cooked through.

Dinner: I made one of my favorites. My Butternut Squash Casserole. It's soooo good.

Snacks: Coffee lots of it and I'm on a kick and have had this a few days in a row. Cucumber spears and my High Protein Feta Dip.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. We are unseasonably warm. It was 84°F. yesterday. It's not going to last, Tuesday's going to be 50°'s and rainy. Trying to get a few sunny walks in before I'm trapped just beating up my B.O.B. and dancing in my living room in my holey sweats. Off to do that now but check back in an hour or so... Week 3 of the I Heart Giveaway begins and you haven't entered Week 2 you have till midnight.

post signature


Lesley said...

I can't wait to try that shrimp! That looks quite tasty. And of course the butternut squash is in my regular rotation. LOVE that one.

Jenn said...

How long was it before you could tolerate shrimp? I went to Red Lobster yesterday and mashed it up completely. Afterwards it didn't sit so well. Some have said they've had problems, but I've not with canned shrimp salad.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

I always think of you Lesley when I make it :) I know you love that one.


Hey Jenn, Shrimp was one of the first things I freaked out about... I got one stuck it wasn't pretty. I thought I'd never be able to eat them again. I tried again a month later and it was fine.

Lisa Baker said...

I envy your weather at 84. Here in Indiana it is still in the teens. I can't wait until spring. I miss getting out in the sun.
Lisa Baker

Jess said...

Silly question, but do you drink your coffee black or do you add sweeteners and creamers? If you do, I'd like to know what you use.

Also, I'm allergic to shellfish, but the spinach recipe works great with leftover cubed up chicken or canadian bacon/ham. It's great!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Thanks Lisa, Come on over ;) Well... it was a fluke even for here. We're going back to normal tomorrow and it's going to rain :(


Jess, I use a splash of Silk Vanilla Soy and a pump of SF Vanilla Torani in my coffee.

Yes! I love that adaptation. I need to do it with leftover chicken next time.