Friday Five

A weekly round-up of tidbits, tips, ideas, news articles, random cool things from the weight loss surgery world...

1. This made me giggle yesterday (read just after I'd done something very similar before we ate.)


2. The World According to Eggface would like to invite you to click on any of the Amazon links over on the left hand side of the blog (or the banner below) when doing your Cyber Monday (and beyond) shopping.


The links credit a small % of ALL Amazon purchases (not just the pictured items) to the blog so click and shop away. So whether you are buying a tub of protein, my ultimate favorite cooking gadget, my cat's favorite toy ever, or a bicycle, it all counts. Thank you ♥ for helping keep this blogger blogging.

Oh one more shopping related heads up for those that wanted to try the new Big Train Spiced Chai Latte flavor they are having a Black Friday special this weekend only free shipping. Read my review of the flavor.

3. Some articles I read this week that were worth checking out:

10 Reasons to Walk Your Way to Health - I love my daily walks. It's my me time.
7 Transformations: We're gastric graduates (but it's still a learning curve) - I love looking at before & afters
Surgery saves the life of obese RI man - Amazing story

Parents Must Read: Weigh In - Talking to your children about weight and health
Doctors, Nurses, Medical Professionals Must Read: Preventing Weight Bias: Helping Without Harming in Clinical Practice

There's a new advocacy issue up on the Obesity Action Coalition (OAC)'s Legislative Action Center that needs YOUR help! Contact your state legislators to see where they stand on treating obesity seriously and if they would be willing to participate in a caucus on obesity treatments. It took a couple of minutes, simple form, you type in your zip and it will send it to your reps, send as is or adding to it and making it a little personal is even better. Easy peasy and a minute later I got back this confirmation: Your e-mail message was sent to: Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA), Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), Representative Darrell Issa (R-CA 49th)

and have you added your "A-ha" moment yet. Amazing shares.

4. I finally found the cinnamon flavor Laughing Cow Cream Cheese wedges. They have regular and strawberry too.


I tasted them at Fitbloggin' in Baltimore a few months ago but they were nowhere to be found in Southern California. I finally spotted them. I bought 2. So far I tried them smeared on apple and celery sticks. Yum.


5. Be sure to stop by the blog Sunday when the holiday fun begins. It's another AWESOME Eggface Giveaway! What will it be?! I will spill this much... it's HUGE!

post signature