Christmas Fun

Lots of Christmas-y fun yesterday. My Mum and I braved the crowds at the mall. We didn't really need anything but it doesn't seem right to not take a little part in the holiday ritual of mass consumerism.

We had fun. We window shopped, people watched, stopped for coffee, laughed a lot. As we were leaving I was going to get a picture with Santa as a sort of joke gift for my Mum but the line was way too long.

I've never taken a picture taken with Santa. When I was little I would stand in line and just as it got to my turn I would refuse to sit on the big guy's lap. No crying or screaming fits, I just refused. His "elves" would of course give me a candy cane anyway. Score. So every year this would repeat until I started calling it "the line to get a candy cane" instead of "the line to see Santa." The parental units were on to my sugary deception. My true goal was revealed. I just wanted free candy. That put an end to that holiday ritual. So no pictures with Santa still to this day.

When we got home we watched a Christmas movie marathon and ate tidbits...

Cucumber Rounds with Salmon Cream Cheese (just smoked salmon and cream cheese mixed together till well combined) and some with Hummus on top, stuff from the olive bar at the supermarket and these super yummy Beef Lettuce Wraps...


Shelly's Beef Lettuce Wraps with Spicy Raspberry Drizzle

Sliced Tri-tip or Flank Steak
Leaves of Boston Lettuce
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Raspberry Jam
1 teaspoon any Fruity Vinegar (Champagne, Apple Cider, Raspberry)
dash or two of Southwest Seasoning (any Cayenne, Cumin, Paprika, Oregano Blend)

Wash and separate lettuce leaves. Arrange some sliced beef (also great with grilled chicken) in each lettuce leave. Nuke jam, vinegar, seasoning for 30 seconds till thin, stir. Makes enough drizzle for 6. Drizzle over each beef & lettuce cup. Eat like tacos.

Soooo good.

Hope everyone is having a great December. Remember... "Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." ~Robert Brault

post signature

P.S. Today is the last day to enter the Merry CLICKmas Giveaway. All the 411 on the super groovy prize pack and how to enter is HERE.