Blog Action Day

Blog Action Day is an annual event held every October 15 that unites the world’s bloggers in posting about the same issue on the same day with the aim of sparking a global discussion and driving collective action. This year's topic is water.

As part of our healthy new post weight loss surgery lifestyle we need to drink a lot of water or take it from me bad things can happen. I began to think about all those water bottles we as a community alone must create. A quick Google search gave me the sad stats... 38 billion plastic bottles ended up in landfills last year. Thanks to its slow decay rate the plastic bottle I just tossed in the recycle bin will be around long after I am gone. I'm not even going to get into the 47 million gallons of foreign oil each year used to produce those bottles and what that means to us as a country. Want to learn more... here's a great 8 minute video.

My commitment to help...

I'm going to limit the number of plastic bottles I use by filling reusable bottles whenever possible. It's really not that much harder to do. I will choose plastic or stainless steel over throw-aways whenever possible. For those of us that have trouble tracking our fluid consumption through the day there's even a bottle that will do it for you.

Will you join me?

post signature