Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Italian Quickie

Every week I make up a batch of roasted veggies. You can keep them in the fridge for several days or toss them in the freezer. I use them in oodles of recipes including this quickie 10 minute Italian dinner...

Shelly's Italian Microwave Meatballs

12 Mini Cocktail Size (or 8 full size, halved) Meatballs (fully cooked kind)
1 cup good Marinara Sauce (I use jarred Rao's Tomato Basil)
1 cup Roasted Veggies (this time it was just Peppers & Red Onions)
2 Mozzarella Cheesesticks, chopped
2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil, chopped
2 Tablespoons Parmesan, grated

Heat meatballs in sauce in microwave safe bowl for 3 minutes. Stir. Add remaining ingredients.

Return to microwave for another 3 minutes or so till cheese is melty & gooey.

It's weight loss surgery and family friendly. Great eaten as is, with a salad or sauteed spinach on the side.

Other Eggface uses for Roasted Veggies:

Shelly's Roasted Vegetable Turkey Mini Meatloaf
Shelly's Greek Bean Salad
Shelly's Roasted Veggie Tortilla Pizza
Shelly's Sausage & Pepper Skewers
Shelly's Roasted Veggie Cheese Dip
Shelly's Chicken Cacciatore with Beans
Shelly's Faux Chicken Fajitas
Shelly's Roasted Pepper Yogurt Dressing
Shelly's Roasted Vegetable Soup


mary brockmeyer said...

Shoot! I thought your headline meant you had met a lovely Sicilian this weekend...

Michelle "Shelly" said...

LOL From your lips to the Big Guy's ears ;)

Beverly said...

I had the same thought as Mary! LOL!

This looks yummy and easy. I need to start roasting veggies like you do. I always have Italian meatballs in the freezer and lots of low fat cheese in the fridge. Thanks for another winner, Shelly! Your recipes have helped me lose my first 100 pounds.

Kurdistan said...

sound goods love to try it

kingskid418 said...

How many servings was this for you? I can't eat 8 regular size meatballs. Does it reheat well?? (fyi, I am glad I am not the only one that uses cut up cheese sticks for recipies!)


Michelle "Shelly" said...

Chris, I eat 2 meatballs, sometimes 3 if I don't have a veggie or salad with it. So several. Yup, reheats great. Love those cheesesticks... this is my I don't really want to cook, but I still want to eat meal ;)

Matt Davis said...

Just had to try this tonight. Roasted veggies on hand were onions, mixed bell peppers, garlic and zucchini. YUM!