Saturday, January 30, 2010

A day in my pouch

Yesterday. My post weight loss surgery day in eating. Not too shabby, eh?

I was lucky enough to score a super top secret sample of the CLICK Espresso Protein new Vanilla Latte flavor 2 months ahead of its release. I taste tested yesterday morning. I mixed it with water first... it was good BUT THEN I mixed it in the blender with vanilla soy milk & ice OMG HEAVEN! This seriously could put ole' Bux out of business it's so good.

Breakfast: CLICK Vanilla Frappe - 1 scoop CLICK Vanilla Latte Flavor, 8 oz. Vanilla Soy Milk, handful of ice cubes. Whiz in blender.

You can pre-order the new flavor at a terrific price (FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25)

Lunch: Shelly's Roast Beef and Onion Tortilla Pizza - Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Fajita Size Tortilla topped with Havarti Cheese, chopped Roast Beef, Marinated Cippolini Onions, Green Onions, and a sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese. Here's how to make them.

Dinner: Tuna Salad Italiano = delizioso. Oodles of protein and fiber this is perfect on a night you want something yummy without a lot of effort.

Shelly's Tuna Salad Italiano

1 (15 oz.) can Cannelini Beans, rinsed and drained
1 (14 oz.) can Artichoke Hearts, chopped (water packed)
1 can Tuna Fillets, packed in Olive Oil, drained (I use Roland Ventresca Tuna Fillets)
1/2 cup Roasted Red Pepper, chopped
1/4 of a Red Onion, diced
4-5 Olives, chopped (I used Garlic-stuffed Sicilian)
zest of 1/2 a Lemon
juice of 1/2 a Lemon
1 Tablespoon Fresh Basil, chopped
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Mix together all ingredients and let marinate at least 1 hour before serving.

Great served as is but also yummy on a half of an avocado or tomato.

Snacks: Fuji apple slices with Shelly's Caramel Yogurt Dip and waaaay too many cups of coffee

Shelly's Caramel Yogurt Dip

3 oz. Fage Greek Yogurt (I use 2%)
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Caramel Sauce Topping (Smucker's)
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder

Mix together till thoroughly combined. I find a mini food processor is perfect. Serve with banana slices, strawberries, apple slices, protein cake cubes for dipping.


cschoen said...

Shelly, Another great thing you can use for your pizzas, Joseph's pita bread, 60 cals, 7g protein, 5g fiber, only 10g carbs and they taste really good. They also have wraps, ooo a soy protein pita (just saw this!) pancakes - hey! More here:

Lizzybear said...

OMG I am so seriously going absolutely insane waiting for the vanilla Click to get out here to the rest of us!!! I've got it pre-ordered, but talk about waiting forever. Your shake pic just about put me over the edge of the insanity cliffs!! I'm so addicted to the Mocha Click (so much so that everyone I know got me a canister for Christmas and my hubby bought me two for a stocking stuffer (yeah, I have a HUGE stocking!!). Now I'm craving the vanilla like Click crack and have to wait two more months!?!?!?

tiny home plans said...

I have been clicking a whole lot in your post and I love it all! Thanks a lot!

Anonymous said...

ooohh..vanilla click. I'm terribly jealous and thinking about a road trip this week from seattle to canada to score some early!
deb t.

Melanie said...

I am two months post op and found your site recently. Started making the protein shakes. Really great! Started making some of the other recipes too. Thanks for making this site. You need to put together a cookbook!!!!

Miss Soul said...

I can't recall if I have posted this before but I LOVE...I mean LOVE when you do these "A day in my pouch" posts. One of the biggest complaints or objections I hear about wls is how much you can and can't eat and what you can and can't eat after the surgery(well not right after but you know what I mean)...well your posts just blow that out of the water and I love it.