Tuesday, December 1, 2009

O Christmas Tree

We finished decorating the Christmas tree this afternoon. Of course there had to be snacks...

Shelly's Cheesecake Dip (Version 2)

1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
2 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
2-3 Tablespoons Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used 2 T's of SF Vanilla - but most any flavor would be great)

Whiz in a mini food processor (a post-op must have) till smooth. Serve with Fruit Kabobs, Apple Slices, Cinnamon or Caramel Soy Crisps, Chunks of Protein Cake, Unsweetened Banana Chips.

Our Christmas tree is one of those crazy mixed up trees full of ornaments collected over the years. I look forward to unwrapping them each year and recalling the stories that go with them. For the past few years we've been adding a few new homemade ornaments. Here was last year's and here's some of this year's additions...


dining table said...

What a nice Christmas tree you got there! And all those decorations! They are all so cute. I can now feel that Christmas is just around the corner.

Sandi said...

you mentioned on dailystrength that you plan 3 meals a day and stick to what you have planned. It seems to me that this is key to maintance. What do you actually plan? Im sure you pay attention to protein, do you also count carbs? Have you blogged about this process already?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

DT, Thank you :)


Sandi, It does seem that way I absolutely agree. Here's a link about how I do it:


Also check out quick links on the left side of the home page for some tips for the long haul.


Connie said...

Precious ornaments! I love that kind of tree decoration. Your's looks lovely . . .

kaseypb said...

Super cute tree :) Love it!!

Anonymous said...

Just catching up on past posts I've missed (PC probs, big time!) and came across your ornaments.
They really bring me some memories of my late mom.
She made similar ornaments and pin cushions in the 60's. She passed when I was 12 in 1974. I sure miss her and still need her.
I now cherish the ornaments she made, along with some knitting she did. I have a Vicortian looking boot pin cushion that is sooo cute.
Anyway, just wanted to let you know your post here really brought back some memories for me!


Michelle "Shelly" said...

Connie & Kasey: Thank you!

(((Amie))) Thank you. That is very cool you have one. Hope your PC problems are solved. I want to throw mine in the middleof the street sometimes. Can't live with them can't live without them.