Sunday, September 27, 2009

Stuffing -ish

On Thursday for the Grey's Anatomy Season Premier I made McSteamy-ed Crab Legs for dinner. Those of you that watch the show will get how much of a total goober I am *waves the goober flag proudly*

This is what I did with the leftover crab the next day. It is seriously very stuffing-ish... seriously.

Shelly's Crab, Corn & Artichoke "Stuffing"

3 Artichoke Hearts (water packed, drained)
1 Yellow Onion, diced
4 Green Onions, diced
1 (4 oz.) jar Pimentos, drained
1 (14 oz.) can Creamed Corn
1 cup Crab Meat (great for leftovers or use drained canned crab)
1/3 cup Pancake Mix (I use this)
1/4 cup Ricotta Cheese
2 Eggs, beaten
1 Tablespoon Fresh Basil, snipped
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese

In a mini food processor whiz artichoke hearts till smooth. Set aside. Saute onions till golden. Add pimentos and artichoke puree and cook 1 minute. Set aside to cool.

In a large bowl combine all remaining ingredients (except Parmesan cheese) add cooled veggie mixture. Mix till combined. Spoon into 8 ramekins.

Sprinkle tops with Parmesan. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. They reheat great in the microwave too. So can be made ahead.

It made a great side with BBQ'd Steak Kabobs and Grilled Zucchini.


Fooseberry said...

I saw Stuffing and came running. I love some stuffing-this will be on the menu at my house soon.
Great idea.

Anonymous said...

This looks awesome! Quick question....can you eat the amount of food in the picture? I am 9 months out and can't eat that much yet....just wondering if I will ever get there.

Thanks so much for your continuing inspiration to so many of us!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hey Jen, Hope you love it! Come to Vegas in Feb. ~M


I ate almost all of it. Leftovers were 2 hunks of meat and 1 slice of zucchini and today's 9/28/2009 blog you can see what I did with it ;)

I eat about a cup of food now (from 1 year out on) I do the no drinking at least for 30 minutes after I eat.


Miss Cali Zaftig said...

Bwahahaha! McSteamy, indeed. Lush recipe, I'll give this a go! Seriously. :-)

Gooberific Dorkus said...

How many ounces of stuffing do you figure are in each bowl(forgive me, I forget the name of that type of bowl!!)? I'm nowhere near able to eat the pancake mix yet, but in about two months I might start looking into it. :) Thanks.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

:) Ramekin. About 1/2 a cup.

Renee said...

This recipe looks fantastic! I'm definitely going to have to give it a try. I used to love stuffing on the Holidays. Now I don't have to feel like I'm missing out on one of my favorite foods.

I'm still new at all of this, so I need all the help I can get. Thanks so much for all of your amazing recipes!

I'd love for you to come read about my journey if you ever get a chance.

Sandy N. said...

I was just wondering if you thought that this can be made in a pyrex dish? I don't have any ramekins, but would love to make this. How much longer do you think it would take to bake?
Thanks so much for all the great recipes, I seriously visit your site every single day and am so grteatful that you do it. I haven't tried a single one of your recipes that I haven't loved!
Thanks again!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Renee, TY Hope you like it. Just spotted this... I will check out your blog. Best wishes on your journey!


Hey Sandy,

Thank you for the lovely compliments. I would think it would be great in a Pyrex casserole. I'd probably go with the same cooking time and watch the last 5 minutes or so for color & firmness. Should be similar. Hope you like it.