Birthday Treats

Had a great day yesterday. Thank you for all the sweet birthday greetings!

It was a hot day 101°F here in my 'hood so we escaped to the cheapy movie theater. Saw "Ghosts of Girlfriend's Past" with my hottie Matthew Mcconaughey. I love that he was once arrested for a disturbing the peace naked and playing the bongos. Ohhh how I would have loved to have been that arresting officer. Wee Ooh Wee Ooh Wee. The movie was cute should have been released near Christmas though as it was a take on "A Christmas Carol" but whatever... I enjoyed the movie, popcorn & especially the couple of hours of free AC!

At 101°F outside you know my Ice Cream Maker was churning. Here's what I made with it...


Shelly's Gingersnap Protein Ice Cream

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
2 scoops of Vanilla Protein Powder
2 Tablespoon Sugar Free Gingerbread Davinci Syrup
1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger, divided use
4-6 Sugar Free Oatmeal Cookies, crushed (I use these)

Mix together milk, protein, syrup and 1/4 teaspoon of the ginger. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. If you don't have one just toss it in a blender on super high. You want it fluffy almost double in size. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. Crush the cookies with the remaining ginger in a snack-size Ziploc. 5 minutes before done add to ice cream maker. You can eat it right away it is soft serve-ish but I like to put it in the freezer to set for an hour.

So I took 2 scoops of Gingersnap Ice Cream and made a yummy Protein Shake...


Shelly's Gingersnap Latte Protein Shake

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk
2 scoops Shelly's Gingersnap Protein Ice Cream
1 scoop Click Espresso Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Vanilla Torani Syrup

Blend. Top with Sugar Free Land o Lakes Whipped Cream and a dash of cinnamon

Later in the day I made myself some more birthday treats... Mini Protein Donuts and Strawberry Cannoli. Mmmm.