Chicken Zucchini Zoodle Noodle Soup

I've been under the weather. I HATE going to the doctor but it was so bad on Sunday I caved in. It was a bladder/kidney thing so wasn't going to go away on it's own. I'm glad I went. I made myself some Chicken "Zoodle Noodle" Soup too which always helps. I ate my soup and watched a couple of favorite Christmas movies curled up under an afghan. I'm on my 3rd antibiotic dose and am already starting to feel much better.

Weight Loss Surgery Bariatric Diabetes Healthy Recipes Spiralizer Zucchini Pastaless

Shelly's Chicken Zucchini Zoodle Noodle Soup

1 Yellow Onion, chopped
1 stalk Celery, chopped
1 Carrot, sliced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
2 Cooked Chicken Breasts, chopped
1 Bay Leaf
a few twists of Black Pepper
4 cups Chicken Broth
Salt to taste
1 Zucchini, spiralized

In a large pot with a lid, saute onion till golden in a drizzle of olive oil. Add celery, carrot and garlic. Remove cooked chicken from the bone, discard any skin, chop into bite size pieces. Add to pot. Add remaining ingredients except zucchini. Cook, lid on, for 30 minutes Remove & discard bay leaf.

Weight Loss Surgery Bariatric Diabetes Healthy Recipes Spiralizer Zucchini Pastaless

If you have a spiralizer, spiralize a zucchini. Add to hot soup. Cook lid on for about 5 minutes. Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.


Weight Loss Surgery Bariatric Diabetes Healthy Recipes Spiralizer Zucchini Pastaless

Cook's Notes: If you don't have a spiralizer (get one, no seriously, add it quickly to your Santa list) you can always slice it just add it a bit sooner to the pot but spiralizing it makes you totally feel like you are eating egg noodles and since they are thin they cook in no time.

Time saving tips: When you make baked or grilled chicken be sure to toss 2 extra in the oven or on the grill. Cool, remove from bone. Place in a freezer zipper bag and toss in the freezer for this soup. You can also get a couple of breasts from your local supermarket deli department.

FYI: If you are using boxed broth, 1 large box = 4 cups.