Oscar Eats: Top Hat Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders

I watched The Oscars even though I didn't see any of the nominated movies. They all seemed pretty emotionally heavy. The real world has been emotionally heavy so I tend to look for happy and light for entertainment. I'll at least have to see the Best Picture winner when it goes to DVD. I like to watch the arrivals, the opening monologue, the :( In Memoriam, Lady Gaga's tribute to The Sound of Music was great and wow...  best speech of the night goes to Graham Moore, Best Adapted Screenplay winner who shared he had attempted suicide as a teen and told those who feel like they don't belong to, "Stay weird, stay different." Awesome and powerful use of those few minutes. In the middle of the show somewhere in between makeup and documentaries (aka the boring part) I made dinner. I made Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders with a little Oscar spin, they are wearing Top Hats!

Winner Wolfgang Puck Oscar Menu Party Recipe Contest

Shelly's Top Hat Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders

3/4 lb. Ground Beef (or Turkey)
2 Tablespoons Bacon Bits (or Crumbled Bacon)
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
dash of Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper
Sliced Cheddar Cheese
Sliced Tomato
Dill Pickle Sliced

Mix meat, bacon, and seasonings till just combined (do not over mix.) Form into a roll. I use plastic wrap to help make it even. It makes 8 sliders (6 pictured above, I gave 2 to my neighbor).


Grill on one side until browned about 5 minutes, flip cook about 4 more minutes. I use this type of grill pan. It's oven safe so in the last minute of cooking I add cheese and broil until melted.

Academy Awards Low Carb Party Foods Recipes

Add sliced tomato and pickle top hat. You could place them in a Boston (or Butter) Lettuce Cup which was the plan but it never made it on my shopping list. I dip everything... I served them with a Greek Yogurt Horseradish Dip (just plain Greek yogurt and a dollop of fresh horseradish mixed in.)