Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world.

Breakfast: I made a variation on my Cinnamon Apple Walnut Salad. I replaced the walnuts with pecans and used Sugar Free Belgian Cookie Torani Syrup (any flavor would be great.)


Lunch:  Chicken Salad Melt. Mixed up some Chicken Salad (canned white meat chicken, a dollop of Greek yogurt, chopped celery, chopped green onion, dash of dried dill, a few twists of black pepper), spooned it onto a thick slice of tomato, sprinkled it with a little cheese and broiled it till the cheese was melted. Soooo good.


Other Eggface Chicken Salads  

Dinner: I made a sort of Inside-Out Chicken Cordon Bleu and served it with steamed green beans.

 

For each, you will need: 1 slice of ham (look for low sodium, nitrate-free), 1/2 a piece of Swiss cheese, a few pieces of cooked chicken (I used leftover sliced BBQ chicken.)


Roll those up ham on the outside, cheese then chicken in the center. I placed 2 in an oval gratin dish (1 was plenty per person) with a veggie.


I topped the roll-ups with a mushroom sauce, sprinkled with Parmesan and placed the whole thing under the broiler for a few minutes till golden and bubbly.


Shelly's Mushroom Sauce

8-10 Mushrooms, sliced
pinch of dried Thyme
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Tablespoon Spelt Flour
1/4 cup Chicken Broth
1/4 cup Milk

Saute mushrooms (any, I used white because it was all I had but crimini would be great or a combo) till golden, I spray the pan with a little Pam (optional.) Add thyme, butter and spelt, mix together and cook for 1 minute. Add liquid slowly. Stir and cook till bubbling and thickened.

Snacks: Too much coffee, a Grande 3 pump Sugar Free Vanilla Soy Latte and a hunk (about 1/3) of Cookies and Cream Quest Protein Bar.



More Days in my pouch.

Update on me: I had my second iron infusion this week. This one didn't go as well as the first. I apparently have very small veins (doesn't that sound like a compliment... it's not) so they kept blowing through them. After 2 nurses, a couple of hot packs and many, many needle sticks they finally got one. For those that asked about what I'm having done... This was the 2nd of 2 treatments of Injectafer scheduled a week a part (about 1/2 hour treatment once they found a vein) then we'll do labs again in May and see where I am at and if more are needed. All my other labs are stellar so hopefully, we can get this one up and all will be grand again. Thanks for thinking of me.