Friday Five

A round-up of tidbits, tips, ideas, news articles, random cool things from the weight loss, health, nutrition, fitness, obesity, weight loss surgery world.

1. Reminder: Pals at Sugar Free Torani are giving away a YEAR of Torani to 25 winners. Get in on this one! Each prize pack contains: Twelve (12) bottles of Sugar Torani Syrup (one each of Sugar Free Belgian Cookie, Sugar Free Salted Caramel, Sugar Free S’Mores, Sugar Free Coconut, Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Sugar Free Peppermint, Sugar Free Vanilla, Sugar Free Black Cherry, Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie, Sugar Free Mango, Sugar Free Watermelon, and Sugar Free Hazelnut. Enter Now! Contest ends January 21st! Fingers crossed one of my readers wins!

2. Also on January 21st... If you are planning on attending the Obesity Action Coalition "Your Weight Matters" National Convention the discounted room block opens that day. Score an unbelievably low rate on a room at the Renaissance Orlando at Sea World, our beautiful host hotel. Be an elevator ride from the all the wonderful education and exhibitors. I got a preview of the hotel last weekend and you are going to love it.


Beautiful rooms and grounds, lovely staff, tons of amenities including a full service HUGE Starbucks right in the lobby (aka where you will find me every morning when the doors open.) There are several restaurants including a sushi bar. A huge pool (with separate kids water fun area), spa (manis, pedis, scrubs, facials, massages), game room (I hereby challenge someone to an air hockey game), gift shop... oh and bonus: If you are planning on bringing family or friends and extending the trip to enjoy the Orlando, Florida attractions (Sea World, Disney, Epcot, Universal Studios) you can also score the OAC's great discounted rate.

I hope I get to meet several of you this September. I am serving as co-chair of the convention this year so as I am able to release info you will hear about it. P.S. We've got a Facebook event page going for those planning on attending.

3. Some articles I read this week that were worth checking out:

Four Signs We’re Turning a Corner on Weight Bias
Where Does Obesity Come From?
The Ironic Effects of Weight Stigma
How to Spot Weight Loss Scams
Restaurant Meals Higher in Calories Than Fast Food - Average restaurant meal = 1,128 cals
FDA Asks Docs to Limit Acetaminophen in Prescription Meds
Women are Four Times More Likely than Men to Seek Weight Loss Surgery

I tweet a lot of article links so be sure to follow my twitter account for articles throughout the week.

4. Heads up: I had the opportunity to taste test a new line of "good for you" ice cream treats from Enlightened. Most are around 70 cals, low fat (made with skim milk), only 3 grams of sugar, 8 grams of protein, fiber, no artificial sweeteners.


Look for them on the shelves... you should easily find their Popsicle-style bars (fudge, orange cream, and coffee flavors.) They also have a few brand new flavors (peanut butter and toasted almond) and in development they have an ice cream sandwich in vanilla and mint. The toasted almond bar and coffee bars are my favorite, so far.



Use the product locator on their website to find the store that carry the bars nearest you or ask your local stores to start carrying them. They are on Facebook too. Say hi and tell them Eggface sent you.

5. I'm super excited about the fun February giveaways I'm planning. I can't spill the beans quite yet but I think you'll love them. Follow along on my Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest page for all the 411. Stay tuned!