Off to Orlando

I am off to Orlando, FL. Many of you know I proudly serve on the Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) National Board and our annual retreat and planning meeting is this weekend. I'll be tweeting www.twitter.com/eggface my travel adventures. Orlando is the location of this year's Your Weight Matters Convention September 25-28th. I hope you will make plans to attend!

If you are not a member of the OAC yet I encourage you to join (best $20 ever.) The OAC is a non-profit organization that was created to give a voice to those affected by obesity. We engage in a variety of educational and supportive programs including the Your Weight Matters National Convention, Webinars, Publications and Walks to bring awareness and national attention to obesity. We also conduct advocacy efforts throughout the U.S. on both the national and state levels, educating the public about obesity and its effects (obesity affects 93 million Americans, the 2nd leading cause of preventable death), helping people gain access to treatments, and helping to eliminate bias and stigma associated with obesity.