A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts (I try and post them every few days) to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world.

Breakfast: I filled my blender bottle shaker with a Celebrate Vitamins ENS Strawberry Shake and took off on a walk with 1/4 of a bag of on the stale side Grape Nuts (I use them in my Butterscotch Crunch Ricotta Pancakes) to feed the ducks.


Ducks like Grape Nuts.


Lunch: I had some leftover rotisserie chicken breast so I made a chicken salad and stuffed it into a half of an avocado. I put a half of piece of colby jack cheese on top and broiled it. Heaven. This would be great with crab salad or tuna salad (breadless tuna melt) too.


Shelly's Citrus Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocado

2-3 Tablespoons of Greek Yogurt
squeeze of Lime
1 leftover Rotisserie Chicken Breast, chopped
1 stalk Celery, diced fine
1 Green Onion, diced fine
a few dashes of McCormick Perfect Pinch Salt Free Fiesta Citrus Seasoning
dash of Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
Ripe Avocados

Mix together till well combined. Look for that McCormick Perfect Pinch Seasoning in the spice aisle it's a great way to add a ton of flavor without adding calories. They have a few different blends too. Spoon into halves of avocado, pit removed, skin left on (salad is enough for 4-ish halves) Place on foil lined baking sheet.


Tip: I cut a little piece of the avocado skin off to help them sit flat. Place a 1/2 a slice of cheese on top.


 Place under the broiler about 4 minutes till bubbly.

Dinner: I recreated my Chinese New Year menu. Shelly's Chinese New Year Soup (Quick Version)


and Egg Foo Young Bites.


I love this dinner. I think it's one of my favorites.


Snacks: Lots of coffee and a bowl of Pistachio Protein Ice Cream




post signature