Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Southern California Weight Loss Surgery Meet & Greet

UPDATE: The EVENT is SOLD OUT. We reached our fire code quota so if you haven't RSVP'd (on the master facebook attending list and received your message or emailed/received a reply from me) Sorry but we'll see you next year :(

For those of you in the Southern California area (Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, San Diego, and surrounding areas) I'd like to invite you to a little get-together...

Southern California Weight Loss Surgery Meet & Greet
Saturday, July 30th, 2011
12:30 PM to 3 PM
at the Harveston Center (a brand new beautiful community building) on Harveston Lake in the City of Temecula, CA

Harveston Center
40135 Village Road
Temecula, CA 92591

A casual, get-together for all those in Southern California who have had, are having, are thinking about having weight loss surgery. All surgery types are welcome! Come hang out make new friends.

Light weight loss surgery friendly refreshments will be served.
They'll be super cool prizes galore and oodles of samples and freebies.

Please RSVP (so I can kind of get a count for refreshments and freebies) on the Facebook Page I created for the event (if you aren't on Facebook just comment on this blog entry or email me.)

Hmmm some random stuff...

The lake has some great walking trails (you can walk completely around it on a paved path), tons of nature (ducks, swans, egrets, turtles), paddleboat rentals (fee is $15/30 minutes for 4 people.) We will have seating for 50 in the Harveston Center's Multipurpose Room but if you want to go outside and have a picnic or sit by the lake you would need to bring some lawn chairs or a blanket, there are a few picnic tables. There's tons of free parking (a lot on either side of the lake, one right next to the Harveston Center), handicap accessible, restrooms, we will have a protein exchange so if you have opened or unopened protein powder tubs you no longer want, bring 'em... the whole one man's trash is another's treasure idea. Sorry no clothing exchange this time out.

The Harveston Center

Some views of the lake...

Interactive Map of Location:

View Larger Map

Can't wait to meet you all!

post signature

P.S. If you want to make a longer day of it... Temecula has a great Farmer's Market Saturday mornings, antiques and shopping in Old Town, and 30+ award winning wineries I am happy to make recommendations for things to do or dinner restaurants.


Kimberly said...

I am so jealous, you need to come to the east coast! Hilton Head Island is a nice area (hint hint). Not to be indelicate but did you suffer with EXTREME constipation? I am 2 months post-op and continue to be quite miserable even using benefiber in my shakes. Any advice appreciated! kimicah87@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I ...just might be there!!! I'll save the date. 1 person. Binda (from obesity help) Sounds like fun and I have some protein I haven't even opened :)

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hope to see you there Binda!


Kimberly, I would love to go to Hilton Head... it looks so beautiful! Hopefully one day.

Ask your Dr about drinking Smooth Move Tea (not the tastiest but works) rarely had issues but when I did it did the trick.

Deanna said...

I would love to be there! :) I am 1.5 years post op!

The Lingo Family said...

So fun!!!!! Too bad I live in Pennsylvania now. I will spread the word though. I have some great wls buddies out there that would LOVE to go. :) Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I'll be there!!

Nanette said...

Happy birthday Shelly, I never got to get on FB last night to tell you. I hope you had a wonderful day, you give alot of us out there alot of really good information that help us to get thru this journey we are on.

You are priceless!!
Thank you,

amy said...

It looks beautiful and sounds like it would be fun. Too bad I live in Michigan. A little far to come for half a day.

But it gives me ideas of what I can do for people around here. Thanks

JOMAMA said...

Oh no! That is the one day I CAN'T come! I have my 20 year HS Reunion that day and I am kind of running it. I would REALLY love to meet you sometime though. I will definately come to the next one ;-)

-Jodie (in San Diego)

good goods & co said...

I just want to thank you for this site. I found it a couple weeks ago and LOVE it.

I have not had surgery but am finally sick and tired of carrying around 50-60 lbs too much. I started gaining 20 years ago after my daughter was born, have lost some and gained more.

I started (again....) on low carbs. Have lost about 12 lbs in three weeks and already feel so much better. But this time I am not quitting. Ever! It's finally become real to me-at 57-that this weight is a health hazard.

With the recipes you've provided for all the forbidden foods (ice cream!) I feel optimistic.

Thanks you so much and good health to everyone!

Kimberly said...

Well first let me start by saying the place you picked for the meet n greet is absolutely beautiful. And now I will tell you how I know how its beautiful...I had my surgery a week ago and I am still kinda absent minded. I read your post this morning and in my mind went OMG its sat the 30th...lol. I told my hubby that I have to go and meet you and that I would be ok to drive (only about 45 min away from there). Through hair in pony tail and out the door I went. well as you can imagine I got there and construction crews are there cleaning it up and said in no way is there a meet and greet today lol. Called hubby and apologized for being brain dead and asked him to check the date on your site....Well if theres a prize for first one in "Yeah Me"...See you at the end of this month and I cant wait to meet you.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

OMG Kimberly, OH no LOL! Well silver lining... at least you will have no problem finding it on July 30th! :) I can;t wait to meet you too and have a giggle in person over this. Hope the healing is going well... stay hydrated... sip that water every chance you get. I have surgery in a hot summer too and it was a struggle.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Thank you guys!

Nanette, Thank you :)


Cherie, I hope this will be an annual thing.

Paula K said...

Heya! I'm going to try and make it out - depends on how recovery goes. Looks like a beautiful place :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea! Can't wait!
I will be there with 2 other friends and my hubby.

Deal With It Designs said...

Hi Shelly! My Mom and I will be there for the Meet and Greet! Thanks! you are so awesome!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to hear about the meet and greet. I will be there!

Michelle "Shelly" said...