Monday, May 22, 2006


Wow as my surgery date gets closer and closer I'm starting to get a little scared I must admit. I keep thinking stupid what if scenarios and I need to stop (power of positive thought) I think that is because I have never had surgery before (well that I remember... I had plastic surgery to re-attach my upper lip at 3 years old... a long gross story) and this is so drastic (being fileted like a fish) plus I have been worrying about stupid shit like not being able to use a straw when I drink and gulping Hello!?! I need to get over this. Make peace now. Plus I don't even know how things will be... just because someone can't do something doesn't mean I won't be able to everyone is different. OK... working through it. Breath.

Health wise I'm feeling crappy right now. I'm completely exhausted (a combination of a lot of extra at work and my apnea), terrible aches and pains, headaches, reflux. I just hope that one day soon that will change. I'm too young to feel like this. I truly believe this surgery is the only option for me. So many profiles I've read on OH have given me inspiration. They all say how great they feel now, how it's the best thing they ever did. I hope to be one of them soon.

So work is interesting... can you say DSM-IV?! This surgery can't come to soon. Change is good.

Amazing Race ended (I love that show) my favorite team won! The Hippies! I think it was the best race so far. Sicily was my favorite. "Thatsa bigga fish" Sicily- It's on my list of gotta do before I kick the big bucket.

Listening to: my yawning... time for bed.


bunz1969 said...

I just found your blog (so glad I did), so I'm starting from the beginning. I absolutely died laughing when I read about the straw. I just had Lap Band surgery 10 days ago and I am a straw person. I actually stressed about it prior to surgery.

rlp39 said...

Just found your blog so excited to follow your journey and try your recipes. Strangely, I also fixated on the straw because I always spill on myself if I don't use one. I think I have no depth perception and the rim of the glass always misses my mouth (sans alcohol)! Being a big chested female it's always on display for all to see. LOL!

KellyB said...

I just found your blog!!! I am starting from the very beginning because that is where I am in my journey.
Thank You for sharing!!

Milly's MeMa said...

I also just found your blog & I am also just starting from the beginning because it is currently where I am in my journey. You are an "Inspiration" & Thank You for sharing :)

Sheri Z. said...

I'm late to the party, as always. I came across your blog from I don't know where, but today is the day I decided I want to pursue some sort of surgery. I have a good friend who is 9 months post op that I'm speaking to. This morning I called my insurance to see if it's covered (it is!) and I coincidentally have an appt. this aft with my PCP to talk about my diabetes (bad, bad, bad), so I'm broaching this with her today. Wish me luck! I'll be reading your blog from beginning to end!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found your blog a week ago which was just a few days after my sleeve surgery. I absolutely love reading it! I'm going year by year from 2006 forward. So many great recipes and ideas. Cant wait to hit my Farmers Market this weekend. I'm still on liquid but preparing for next week's "soft" food phase. Woo Hoo! You're an inspiration, keep up the awesome work!