Christmas Tree Trimming Treats

Finally finished the Christmas decorating. It took a rain storm to trap me and get me in the spirit. The minute the sky got gray and there was a little chill in the air I jumped on it, made a few weight loss surgery friendly holiday treats and decked the halls! Here's a few pics from our trimming the tree fun.

Our little refreshment station.


No Sugar Added (NSA) Cocoa, Fit Frappe, or Coffee with NSA Homemade Flavored Whipped Cream and a variety of toppings and mix-ins: Crushed Sugar Free Peppermints, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Powdered Peanut Butter (Mmmm mixed in NSA Cocoa is soooo good), Sugar Free Torani Syrups the knitted toppers created by my Mum...


We had a few holiday goodies. I bought a box of Spelt Sugar Free Cookies and jazzed them up a bit. They are sort of like Pecan Sandies if you remember those... sort of plain on their own but I dip half in melted SF Chocolate, sprinkled a few of them with nonpareils to make them pretty and place them on wax paper in the fridge till they set firm. Yum.


and I made a batch of my Chocolate Protein Mini Donuts and arranged a few on my footed cake stand.

Shelly's Mini Chocolate Protein Donuts

1 cup Almond Flour (aka Almond Meal)
1/2 cup Chocolate Whey Isolate Protein Powder
1/2 cup Multigrain Pancake Mix
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa
1 Egg, beaten
3 Tablespoons Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Vanilla)
1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
1/4 cup Water
Super Groovy Mini Donut Pan

Preheat oven to 325. Mix all ingredients till well combined. Spray Mini Donut Pan with Pam. Fill 1/2 full with batter (batter is the consistency of brownie batter). Bake 8 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Makes 24.

Cook's Note: Almond Flour is ground blanched almonds. Almond Meal is ground almonds with skins on. Basically the same thing and pretty much interchangeable in most of my recipes. Find it at Trader Joe's, health food stores, online or make your own (mini food processor + almonds + power on = almond meal.)


I dipped a few in the same melted SF Chocolate (nuke some SF bars or chips) and topped a couple with crushed SF Peppermint, chopped Pecans, Nonpareils and Multigrain Cheerios... sing it with me.... 5 Gold Rings!

The results of our labor. O Christmas Tree, 2014...


and it isn't Christmas without our Snow Lady (18 years) we gave her a much needed face-lift last year and a new purse. She reminds me of the "Feed the Birds" lady in Mary Poppins.


Happy Holidays Everyone! It's the last day to drop your name in the hat for the latest Eggface Giveaway so be sure to do that before midnight pacific time 12/14/2014 if you haven't already.

10 Tips for Surviving the Holidays Post Weight Loss Surgery

post signature