Heads up for followers of my Instagram. I've got something fun happening! It's a chance to win 7 days of protein for YOU and a PAL. A week of new tastes featuring some of my fav protein powders perfect for pre and post weight loss surgery pals, fitness or workout friends or just those wanting to have a healthy frosty treat without the zillion calories of a Bux drink...
Head over to my Instagram feed for how to get in on the fun...
The random generator has selected: Jennifer H. email@example.com Congratulations Jennifer! You are the winner of the latest Eggface Giveaway! I hope you enjoy all the contents of the Love Being Healthy Box! You have mail!
Weight Loss Surgery friendly ways to celebrate National Chocolate Mint Day... one of my favorite flavor combinations. Most of the recipes and products below are low carb, no added sugar or sugar free and protein packed. Hope you enjoy any you try...
Chocolate Mint Protein Yogurt - or mix a few Tablespoons of Chocolate Mint Protein Powder mixed in plain Greek yogurt with a squirt of Sugar Free Torani and a sprinkle of nuts for a protein packed breakfast.
There's no reason you have to join an expensive gym to exercise. Don't get me wrong I think it is super important to MOVE YOUR BODY EVERY DAY but a lot of people get sucked into a sales pitch, get all gung-ho for about 2 months then watch as the membership fee is debited from their checking account and rarely go. If you are one of those people, save yourself the $$ and try one of these FREE ideas to get moving...
1. Walk - All you need for this is a comfortable pair of shoes. I love to walk around my neighborhood. I love the sights, sounds, smells (OK maybe not all the smells.) I love to people watch, dog watch, baby watch, duck watch. We luckily have pretty decent weather here most of the year so almost everyday I can do what I love. Nature, sun, fresh air... it clears my head and invigorates me... but more important than that it's fun and that makes me want to do it. It's my daily treat to me. My local park is the place I walk the most. I love the beach too (sand is a great calf workout) but the beach is an hour drive away so not feasible every day. When it rains or is too cold I head for the mall (leave your purse in the car or it can turn into an expensive $ walk)
Check out TrailLink.com to find walking trails in your neighborhood. Also check with your city's community services department. My town puts out this great free brochure that lists all the walking trails. I stumbled on the brochure when I went to the city hall for a free health fair. I had no idea we had so many trails in my town or that they gave out a super cool free map of them all (Props to Temecula, CA.)
2. Visit the Library - I was amazed at how many exercise DVDs they have... Jillian Michaels, Zumba, Leslie Sansone (my fav.) Borrowing DVDs from the library is a great way to change up your workout when you hit those (normal) stalls. I don't know about you but I get sick of hearing the same voice over and over, especially the cheery ones. You are dying, sweaty, panting and some chick who hasn't broken a sweat is all... "Woo Hoo isn't this great? Come on, let's do 8 more!" Thankfully just as I am about to lose my mind and hurl my TV across the room, it's time to return it. This is a great way to try before you buy too. Before you drop $80 bucks on that Zumba set only to realize you have 2 left feet, check it out at the library.
3. The Internet - YouTube is more than funny kitty and baby videos you can find an excellent collection of exercise, fitness, and dance workout videos, reviews and instruction just a few clicks away. Just type exercise or cardio or some keyword like that in the search box. Many are personal trainers sharing their knowledge for free. There's some good stuff. There's some crazy stuff too but I figure if I'm sweating it's doing some good. Be careful when you first start (standard disclaimer chat with your Dr) I love FitnessBlender YouTube videos. There are some great Yoga ones too.
4. Free Stuff - People have to move and that Tony Little Gazelle or Total Gym that has been covered with clothes in the corner of the bedroom or garage now needs to go. Check freecycle.org, craigslist, Pennysaver/newspaper columns, local Facebook groups, etc... for people getting rid of exercise and sports equipment. Bonus: it's environmentally friendly! You could also drive around early on trash day, practically every week I see something, last week it was a stationary bike. Be sure to check it all out and ask the owner if it's working properly before taking it home. You wouldn't want to get on a treadmill that won't stop and your 2 mile run becomes a 26 mile marathon.
5. Dance - This one is my favorites because you won't even feel like you're exercising. Just turn on some tunes and shake your groove thing. Before you know it you will be sweating and burning oodles of calories. Before I sat down to write this I busted-a-move to The Go-Go's "We Got The Beat." I love Music Choice on my DirectTV or Spotify.com where I have created a playlist of songs I like to dance to. If you have little whippersnappers they'll love this too. Chicken Dance anyone?!
Dance 3-4 songs = 10 minutes do this 3 times a day (before breakfast, mid-day or before dinner, and before bed) and boom you have a 30 minute workout done. Other $$$ Money Saving Posts: WLS on the cheap Lotsa Love for Leftovers
This post is sponsored by Celebrate Vitamins. I am excited to share with you some of my favorite Celebrate products including their new Probiotic.
Valentine’s Day is next week. It's a day we spend expressing our love to others. I think it’s just as important to show ourselves some love too. We can show ourselves love everyday by making the healthiest choices: healthy foods, daily exercise, vitamins, water and treating ourselves like you would your nearest and dearest. Because you are. You know when the flight attendant says "always put your mask on before helping others" it's true, to be there for others you need to first be there for yourself.
Since it's the time to show some love... It's GIVEAWAY TIME!
The Prize: A BIG BOX OF LOVE including some great Celebrate Vitamins products and other weight loss surgery friendly items...
60 ct. Celebrate Vitamins Multi-Complete 36 with Iron (Forest Berry)
90 ct. Celebrate Vitamins Calcium Soft Chew (Chocolate)
30 ct. Celebrate Vitamins BALANCE Probiotic ***NEW PRODUCT***
5 Single-serving travel packets of Celebrate Vitamins Protein 20 (Wildberry)
2 Celebrate Vitamins Protein 2 in 1 Protein and Calcium Bars (Crazzberry Crunch)
Pink Sistema Breakfast to Go Container with Built-in Spoon
Pink Blenderball Shaker
Pink Reversible Workout Headband
and The World According to Eggface Reusable Lunch Bag
How to Enter: LEAVE A COMMENT on this blog posting (be sure to include a name and some email address where I can contact you if you are the winner) Scroll down to # of comments/post a commentbelow to leave yours. That's it, easy peasy.
Example: Jane Doe firstname.lastname@example.org
Want an extra chance to win:Follow my Instagram page and mention in your comment on this post letting me know. P.S. There just might be something fun happening over there this week too.
Example: Jane Doe email@example.com I liked you on Instagram too!
Contest Period Ends: Sunday, February 19th (11:59 PM Pacific), winner announced sometime Monday, February 20th. I'll draw a name using a random number generator and announce the winner here on the blog. I will also email the winner at the address provided. You'll have one week (7 days) to respond to my email or another winner may be chosen. One ENTRY per person. Blog comments are moderated so there may be a slight delay (up to a few hours) in seeing your comment/entry post. Giveaway is open to anyone in the U.S. only (contiguous United States plus Alaska & Hawaii mailing address only, sorry it's a international law thing.)
Mix yogurt, protein and powdered peanut butter together till well combined. Add sweetener if desired. Crumble bar on top.
As always thanks for always showing The World According to Eggface love by following and sharing the blog link and Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter social media pages with your friends, family and support groups and for checking out the great companies that I feature on the blog from time to time. I appreciate it. Good Luck!
Thanks Celebrate Vitamins for partnering with me on this giveaway. For more information about their extensive line of products be sure to check them out on Facebook and please tell them Eggface sent you.
A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world. Yesterday's healthy and delicious menu...
Breakfast: I had a free Starbucks reward so I stopped for those Sous Vide Egg Bites before running a few errands. Have you tried them yet? Tasty little suckers and super soft. I'd give them a try if eggs have given you trouble (laying too heavy) these shouldn't give you a problem. They are both great but I think I prefer the Egg White & Roasted Red Pepper flavor, a little less protein and calories than the bacon version though.
More Eggface Lunch Recipes and Ideas Dinner: I had some cooked chicken (about 1 cup) and I was going to make Tortilla-less Soup but it was 84 degrees yesterday so soup just didn't sound appealing. I had a Spaghetti Squash sitting on my window sill so I half it and nuked it and used it to made this casserole. It was delicious... I'm looking forward to leftovers today. I use this gadget to heat leftovers up and nothing dries out.
1 small to medium Spaghetti Squash, cooked and shredded
1-1/4 cups Cooked Chicken, cubed
1/2 cup store bought Alfredo Sauce
2 Tablespoons store bought Pesto Sauce
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
a few twists of Black Pepper to taste
Salt to taste
1/3 cup Shredded Italian Blend Cheese
Half and deseed the spaghetti squash. OVEN: Place open end down on a Pyrex baking dish, pour 1/4 cup of water in dish. Cover with foil. Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 40 minutes or MICROWAVE: Place open end down on a Pyrex baking dish, pour 1/4 cup of water in dish and microwave for 15 minutes or so. You want a fork to insert easily. Allow to cool slightly. Use two forks to shred the flesh of the cooked squash into "spaghetti."
Preheat oven to 350. Mix the shredded cooked squash and all remaining ingredients except cheese together till well combined. Pour into a Pyrex casserole dish. Sprinkle shredded cheese over top. Bake 30 minutes at 350. I like to broil the top for about 3 minutes till golden.
This post is sponsored by Premier Protein®. I'm excited to share one of my favorite recipes featuring Premier Protein Whey Protein Powder with you.
Start your Valentine's morning off with one of these protein-packed parfaits. Layered Greek yogurt, fresh berries and Chocolate Strawberry Protein Granola. Nothing says, "I love you" more than making someone a healthy breakfast on Valentine's Day or any day!
Shelly's Chocolate Strawberry Protein Granola
1/4 cup Oatmeal, dry
1/4 cup Premier Protein Chocolate Whey Protein Powder, dry
1/4 cup chopped Pecans
1 Tablespoon Almond Butter
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup (or sub Agave, Honey, whatever you prefer)
Mix all ingredients together (except freeze dried Strawberries)
Squeeze together with your hands till clumps form. You need to use your hands for this one. If your almond butter is on the loose side add a little more protein, if it's on the drier side add a little more syrup till clumps form.
Place on a non-stick sprayed, foil lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Cool.
Mix in freeze-dried strawberries. Cook's Note: Freeze-dried is not dried. It's crunchier, look for a brand with no added sugar. Store in an airtight container.
Chocolate Strawberry Protein Granola is great on Yogurt Parfaits, Cottage Cheese or sweetened (SF Syrup, Agave, Honey whatever you use) Ricotta Cheese for breakfast.
You can set up a DIY Breakfast Parfait making station (Berries, Yogurt, Granola, Glasses & Spoons) like I did (great for kiddos to make their own creation) or... you could deliver a breakfast parfait to your loved one in bed.
This Chocolate Strawberry Protein Granola is great as a snack on it's own too... just place some in a snack sized baggie and take it with you on a hike or toss in your carry-on bag when traveling. Premier Protein Whey Protein Powder has 30 grams of protein per scoop so you'll have plenty of fuel to get you to the top of the mountain or wherever your travels take you.
Well it's football’s biggest game this weekend and while I'm not a huge fan (ice hockey and the PBR are more my thing) like most of America I'll tune into the Super Bowl because even if the game isn't so great you've got friends and family, watercooler chat worthy commercials, the halftime show (it's Lady Gaga this year) and of course... delicious snacks. Here's are few of my favorite low carb, protein packed recipes to keep your health and weight loss goals or... touchdowns as the case may be.
From left to right: Veggies and Dip (Persian Cucumber Spears with Herby Greek Yogurt Dip (to taste Oregano, Mint, 4 oz. Greek Yogurt, Salt & Pepper), some Rosemary Marcona Almonds and a Caprese Salad (Tomato, Basil, Fresh Mozzarella, Salt, Pepper & Oregano) or Caprese Skewers (see below)