1. Write a love letter, find a meaningful poem or song lyrics, write them on beautiful paper for a handmade Valentine. Writing not your style... make an old school mix "tape" playlist: "Songs that make me think of you" *swoon*
2. Plan an active date like a hike, go on a bike ride, try kayaking or paddle boarding, geocaching, be a tourist and explore your town. Is it snowing near you? How about sledding, skating, bowling, an indoor rock climbing wall or trampoline, a dance class.
3. Volunteer together: clean up the beach or a local park or volunteer at a local charity. Ask an elderly neighbor if you and your loved one can help paint a fence or repair something for them. Spread your love to those in need.
4. Take a healthy cooking class together or find a healthy recipe, get all the ingredients and cook a meal together at home. Don't forget the candles.
5. Spending quality time (turn off the cell phone) with someone you love is the most meaningful gift and no money $ is required.
You'll need some energy for a few of those suggestions above so before you head out be sure to make one of these protein packed recipes:
1 (11 oz.) Premier Protein Ready to Drink Chocolate Shake
1 Instant Coffee Granules Tube
a few Ice Cubes
a few dashes of cinnamon
Blend on high till well combined. I topped it with No Sugar Added, Homemade Whipped Cream and another dash of cinnamon. Yum!
Put a few of these truffles in a little tin and take them with you on your hike or to help fuel your volunteering...
Shelly's Peanut Butter Protein Truffles
1/4 cup Premier Protein Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
2 Tablespoons Almond Meal
2 Tablespoons Milk
1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
Nuke peanut butter (any, I used crunchy peanut butter but you could use any nut butter) and liquid sugar free syrup (or agave, honey, SF maple, whatever sweetener you use) for 30 seconds. Stir till well blended and add to dry ingredients. Add milk (any, I used Soy) Mix till well combined and sticky dough forms. Shape into 10-12 truffles. Place in the fridge until firm. You can freeze them too. Pop one out when you want a sweet treat.
This post is sponsored by Premier Protein. For the purposes of this post Premier Protein provided me with products used. Want to learn more about Premier Protein products LIKE their Facebook page and tell them The World According to Eggface told you to stop by.
Let me know how you like the shake and truffles. Happy and Healthy Valentine's Day to you and yours!