A day in my pouch

My yesterday in post weight loss surgery eating...

Breakfast: I had some leftover browned ground beef and onions from making a taco salad the other night. I used it up for breakfast and made breakfast bowls. Shelly's Cowboy Breakfast Bowl: Scrambled Egg, leftover browned ground Beef (or turkey) and Onions, shredded Cheddar Cheese, a splash of Cholula Hot Sauce (my favorite.)


This was a protein packed, warm breakfast on a chilly, gray morning. Sometimes I do things like this for dinner too.

Lunch: Rotisserie Chicken (quick go-to meal), sliced Cucumber & Tomato with salt, pepper & oregano, and a yogurt dip to dip it all in.


Shelly's Sun Dried Tomato & Basil Greek Yogurt Dip

3 oz. Greek yogurt (I use plain, 2%)
1 Tablespoon Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped fine
1 Tablespoon fresh Basil, chopped
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
dash of Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Mix till well blended.

Dinner: One of my favorites. Shelly's Pasta-less Turkey Bolognese (Zucchini & Onion)


If you don't have one of these zucchini pasta making gadgets ask Santa to put one in your stocking.

Snacks: Too much coffee including a Sugar Free Cinnamon Dolce Soy Latte at Starbucks (they have that holiday BOGO deal going on 12/15-18 from 2-5 PM), a cheesestick, some cucumber slices "my crackers" and one of those little Tribe hummus cups I reviewed the other day.


More days in my pouch.

post signature