Thursday, July 5, 2012

My Mum's Birthday

It's my Mum's birthday today! She has requested I make my Crustless Sweet Potato Pie for dessert instead of a cake so I am off to pick up a few ingredients for that this AM.


A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. ~Washington Irving

Happy Birthday to my best pal.

post signature

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, Happy Birthday Eggy's Mum! She's a lovely lady.

Theresa said...

Happy Birthday Mum!!

Tarawynn said...

Happy Birthday Michelles Mum!!!!

T2Nashville said...

Happy birthday to Shelly's Mum! It warms my heart when you talk about your Mom. My Mom is my best friend as well, so I completely understand that relationship. I hope both our Moms have many more years to come!

Anonymous said...

ahhh. Today is my Mom's birthday too! But she is having her cake in Heaven with my two sister's. Your Mom is beautiful. Happy Birthday to our Mom's!!

Hugs....Gracie

jennxaz said...

Happy Birthday!

Leah said...

Happy birthday Mum Eggface!

Milton said...

Happy Birthday Mother of EggFace and a great Moon Child. You've done good.

My own celebration is next week.

Run, Chelle, Run! said...

Happy birthday to your mom! That sweet potato dessert looks like it will hit the spot. Now I'm craving turkey and sweet potatoes!

Emme said...

A very Happy Birthday to your Mom!
Love the Wasington Irving lines, beautiful and well deserved!

Stephanie Leonard said...

I am newly sleeved - 7 days post op. I found a reference to your site while I was reading through gastricsleeve.com forums. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE your site and I haven't even scratched the surface! You are an inspiration to us all and your site has got to be the most awesome site for stories and recipes and motivation and general feel good moments! THANK YOU for taking the time to share your life and journey and for all the help and motivation that I already know you/your site will be for me as I move forward each day in my weight loss journey! Im going to start from the beginning and go through every archive you have! Some of the recipes I have seen so far look amazingly good! And your story is one that all people should read - overweight or not! Thanks again for sharing. Good luck and Blessings! Stephanie from Texas