Friday Five

A weekly round-up of tidbits, tips, ideas, news articles, random cool things...

1. I'm going to be walking the Walk from Obesity being held in Dallas, TX. Please consider walking with me at the event or if you are unable to attend giving a buck or 2 to the cause. $'s raised help research, education, and advocacy efforts to fight obesity. Thank you :)



I am thankful I am able to participate in the walk because not so long ago I couldn't have.

2. A person’s weight provides no indication of an individual’s character, credentials, talents, leadership or contributions to society.

The OAC has released a new educational piece on weight bias titled, “Weight Bias in the Workplace – Information for Employers.” GREAT INFO. Thank you Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) Every Human Resources office should have a copy. Here's the link to download the PDF or request a hard copy.

3. Some articles I read this week that were worth checking out:

Obesity is an emerging risk factor in crashes, study finds
Father, son lose 260 pounds after weight loss surgery
A battle of epic proportions: Ovid man winning fight against obesity
'Real Housewives' star Lauren Manzo: Best thing I ever did

4. Yum Alert: Skinny Dippers. Got a chance to sample these this week. Pre-portioned ices (think Otter Pops from back in the day) but yum way better.


They come in two flavors: Tangy Tangerine and Frosty Lemon. I'm still debating which I liked more. I think I'm leaning to frosty lemon because it brings me back to summers on Cupsogue Beach on Long Island eating Italian Ices.


The 411: they are gluten free, sweetened with Splenda, no sugar and low sugar alcohols, 0 cals. Give 'em a try. Go hit them up on Facebook and tell 'em Eggface sent you.

5. Heads up: You'll want to check back on Sunday when something EGGCITING begins.

post signature