1. I'm going to be walking the Walk from Obesity being held in Dallas, TX. Please consider walking with me at the event or if you are unable to attend giving a buck or 2 to the cause. $'s raised help research, education, and advocacy efforts to fight obesity. Thank you :)
I am thankful I am able to participate in the walk because not so long ago I couldn't have.
2. A person’s weight provides no indication of an individual’s character, credentials, talents, leadership or contributions to society.
The OAC has released a new educational piece on weight bias titled, “Weight Bias in the Workplace – Information for Employers.” GREAT INFO. Thank you Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) Every Human Resources office should have a copy. Here's the link to download the PDF or request a hard copy.
3. Some articles I read this week that were worth checking out:
Obesity is an emerging risk factor in crashes, study finds
Father, son lose 260 pounds after weight loss surgery
A battle of epic proportions: Ovid man winning fight against obesity
'Real Housewives' star Lauren Manzo: Best thing I ever did
4. Yum Alert: Skinny Dippers. Got a chance to sample these this week. Pre-portioned ices (think Otter Pops from back in the day) but yum way better.
They come in two flavors: Tangy Tangerine and Frosty Lemon. I'm still debating which I liked more. I think I'm leaning to frosty lemon because it brings me back to summers on Cupsogue Beach on Long Island eating Italian Ices.
The 411: they are gluten free, sweetened with Splenda, no sugar and low sugar alcohols, 0 cals. Give 'em a try. Go hit them up on Facebook and tell 'em Eggface sent you.
5. Heads up: You'll want to check back on Sunday when something EGGCITING begins.