1. This coming Thursday, March 29th at 8PM Eastern is the second webinar in the FREE 14-part series on the complexity of obesity hosted by the Obesity Action Coalition and Obesity Prevention and Policy Management. The second webinar, "Obesity & Addiction," will feature Margaret Yufera-Leitch, MS, PhD, who will discuss the relationship between addiction and obesity. The webinar series is FREE but you do need to register in order to get a code to access.
2. Remember a few months back when I blogged about the 158 food item donation I made to celebrate my weight loss.
I was hoping others would join in. I was so jazzed people loved the idea and emailed they would be doing something similar. Shout out to Monica, Wendy, Christina, Beth, the list goes on and on, who sent pictures and videos like these...
Thank you to everyone for sharing in the fun! Got pics, video or articles to share about your donation? I would love love love to see them.
3. Some articles I read this week that were worth checking out:
The Fight Against Obesity Starts With Respect!
Parents Of Obese Children Encouraged To Begin With Their Own Weight Loss Journey
U.S. Underestimates Long-Term Costs of Obesity
Portrayals of Overweight Characters in Television Sitcoms: Implications for Obese Individuals in the General Society
Carnie Wilson has weight loss surgery again
This is a lifetime war against obesity. Like any war you head into each battle hoping to win. Sometimes you do and sometimes the enemy gets the upper hand.
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." ~Winston S. Churchill
Best wishes to Carnie Wilson and all fellow fighters.
4. Did you know Celebrate Vitamins offers a sample pack of their vitamins? It's $3. You get oodles of great samples and inside the pack you'll get a coupon code for $3 bucks off your first order making it basically FREE!
For the all the 411 on what's included in the pack and how to get yours click here. Typing this as my Celebrate Cherry B12 dissolves under my tongue. Nom. Tell 'em Eggface sent ya.
5. Today is National Chip & Dip Day. Pre weight loss surgery it was not uncommon for me to go to a Mexican restaurant and eat 2 baskets of chips and salsa or guacamole before the meal even arrived. Here's a healthier, weight loss surgery friendly, lower carb, high protein way to celebrate...
Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!